Popup editor issue

Popup editor issue

Hi Team,

I am facing a issue with popup screen,

Requirement Background: we need to display and edit 12 months data for multiple records. There will be two modes (view and edit)

Normal Screen: I am able to display and edit record in normal web screen layout (Image-1).

Popup screen (View Mode): I am able to display all 12 months records in popup screen view mode(Image-2).

Popup Screen (Edit mode): when I change view mode from popup to edit mode. I can see textboxes but no data. Possible because of limited width (Image-3). Could you please assist.

Image-1 : Normal web screen working

Image-2 : Popup screen view mode working

Image-3 : Popup screen edit mode, not working.

Thanks,

hi ZM, 

if it is a matter of Popup size on image 3, you can check this link:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/15971/popup-window-size/

regards,

IB

Z M wrote:

Hi Team,

I am facing a issue with popup screen,

Requirement Background: we need to display and edit 12 months data for multiple records. There will be two modes (view and edit)

Normal Screen: I am able to display and edit record in normal web screen layout (Image-1).

Popup screen (View Mode): I am able to display all 12 months records in popup screen view mode(Image-2).

Popup Screen (Edit mode): when I change view mode from popup to edit mode. I can see textboxes but no data. Possible because of limited width (Image-3). Could you please assist.

Image-1 : Normal web screen working

Image-2 : Popup screen view mode working

Image-3 : Popup screen edit mode, not working.

Thanks,

Hi ZM,

Can you please explore your problem or can share your code for better reply.

Thanks,

Rafi  

Z M,

It is very difficult to help without any kind of information on HOW you're doing things.

As a guessing, if in "view mode" your expressions show data, but in EDIT mode, your text boxes doesn't show, it is because the variable associate with each edit box is empty.

BUT...

By the image, the problem seens to be the size of the edit boxes, that are much shorter than the ones in the normal window, as it seems that some shows data.

So, did you clicked the text boxes and checked that the data is indeed not there? It seems it is.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi ZM,

Case -1 In Popupeditor values are not populating the definitely there are some problem in code to populate the values. If you can explain more then I can help you out.

Case-2 If values are populating values in textbox/dropdown but you are unable to see all values then it may be problem of size of edit box or popup. If you can share your oml or explain more then I can help.

Regards

-SK-

Solution

Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi ZM,

Case -1 In Popupeditor values are not populating the definitely there are some problem in code to populate the values. If you can explain more then I can help you out.

Case-2 If values are populating values in textbox/dropdown but you are unable to see all values then it may be problem of size of edit box or popup. If you can share your oml or explain more then I can help.

Regards

-SK-

Thanks, Shashi, 

It is because of Case2: for now I increased width of my textbox.

Solution