Webservice result to update multiple entities

Webservice result to update multiple entities

Hi,

I would like to check how can i update multiple entities when the web service return result in json format.

Thanks

Hi Jace,

You can convert JSON to RecordList and you can do what you want.

Thanks

-SK-

Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi Jace,

You can convert JSON to RecordList and you can do what you want.

Thanks

-SK-

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. Actually i only wanted to update the entities only. So want to find out how can i update multiple entities with the json result

Hello, so according to SK answer, i can convert JSON to RecordList and then update my entities?

Yes Jace,

Exactly you can update the entities from RecordList.

Regards

-SK-

Hello All,

Regarding the return result from web service, i want to use it to update multiple entities. 

Can we do error checking while updating the entities? 

For example the entity attribute have column of datatype date, i want to make sure that the return result from webservice is of datatype date before i update the column.

Thanks

Jace Jace,

If you specify in the REST service structures that an Attribute is a date, it will be a date. At worst, of it's not always a date in the actual JSON, you'll get an error consuming the REST service.

That said, after calling a REST service, you'll have your data in standard Platform structures. What you want to do with it (validation etc.) is of course up to you. What kind of doubts do you have regarding error checking?