Integration Studio 1-Click Publish error "the directory is not empty"

Integration Studio 1-Click Publish error "the directory is not empty"

In Integration Studio, after clicking 1-Click Publish, I am constantly getting the error "the directory is not empty".  I have my extension saved in My Documents.  Recently I updated to the Windows 10 Fall edition to add new OneDrive functions, and it seems this problem started after I upgraded.

I can bypass the error by deleting the extension's sub-folder and then clicking 1-Click Publish again, but this is a hassle.  I can also copy the extension to a folder not synced by OneDrive and avoid the error.  Evidence points to a OneDrive incompatibility.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi David,

Did you check the space in your directory?

Try to remove all unwanted files or garbage from the server. After that try again to upload I just want to check & confirm this error is coming due to space or not.

Regards,

Rajat Agrawal 

Rajat, the hard drive has 300mb+ available that there is no fluff on the server.  As mentioned, to fix the error I can copy the extension to a folder not synced by OneDrive.

Hi David. 

I would say you have some kind of permissions problem. It seems that OneDrive is not allowing Integration Studio to delete the folder or its contents.

I'm not in front of a computer right now to dig deeper, but I would start by checking this.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Also a good item to check, thanks.  I tried repeating "1-Click Publish" while running Integration Studio in Administrator Mode.  Same error.  My personal user has full permission on the folders and files.

Hi David,

Are you able to publish from Service Studio in same server ?

Regards

-SK-

Yes, I can publish in Service Studio okay, and I can publish in Integration Studio if I move the extension file XIF to a non-OneDrive folder.  The error only occurs in folders synced in OneDrive.

Hi David,

Can you please check if IIS User(IIS_IUSRS)  is having modify access to this folder or not?

Regards

-SK-

SK, the folder in which the extension is saved did not have permissions for IIS_IUSRS.  I added full permissions for this user, but it did not fix the issue.

David Austin wrote:

SK, the folder in which the extension is saved did not have permissions for IIS_IUSRS.  I added full permissions for this user, but it did not fix the issue.

Can you simple move the file to another folder and try again?

For example, just in the c (or other) drive

As mentioned in the original post, I can copy the extension to a folder not synced by OneDrive and avoid the error.  

David Austin wrote:

As mentioned in the original post, I can copy the extension to a folder not synced by OneDrive and avoid the error.  

Sorry David, my fault.

I agree with the possible folder permissions or in a situation that you are using the file and your write is blocked because of that. Do you have File Explorer  openned when you are doing that?

Regards

No worries.  Yes File Explorer is open.  You led me think about OneDrive possibly having files locked, but I tried shutting down the OneDrive taskbar app and I still have the error.

Hi David,

I would say that this is a problem of OneDrive, not OutSystems.
And I would say that this is really a permissions problem.
But possibly, not at the level of the folder itself, but the OneDrive. I don't use it that much so I can't really tell with certainty, but I think OneDrive has its own Permission system.

You probably will be better looking for help with OneDrive people :)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Yes, I think it's a OneDrive problem too.  I was hoping someone had found a more elegant solution than mine.  Regardless I can work around the problem.  Thanks.