[Custom Masks] Different behaviour with multiple MaskText on a page

[Custom Masks] Different behaviour with multiple MaskText on a page

Forge Component
(24)
Published on 19 Sep by Marcelo Ferreira
24 votes
Published on 19 Sep by Marcelo Ferreira

Hi,

I've been using CustomMasks in an application that I'm working on and I've noticed that there seems to be different behaviour for different inputs when you have multiple MaskText inputs on the one screen.

Please see the attached test project.

In there, I've just put 3 inputs on there, all with MaskText attached to them with the mask "999-999". This is so you can enter in Australian BSB numbers.

If you enter in numbers in to all 3 and then use the TAB and Shift + TAB keys to move back and forth through them, one of them ends up having all the text selected on focus and the other two have the cursor move to the end of the text. It's not consistent.

It looks like the last input that had the mouse clicked on it is the one where all the text is selected.

What is the default behaviour meant to be when the user has focus on an input using MaskText?

Clicking with the mouse positions the cursor where the mouse was clicked in the selected input. Changing focus with TAB seems to be the issue.

Another spanner in the works; looks like the input only does the select all on the input where the mouse is hovering over.

Also looks like the masking behaviour stops working correctly when you start invalidating inputs.

Please see the new Test project attached.

If you enter in a value in to the second input, it should invalidate itself and then when trying to enter in another value, the masking doesn't come up.

Hi Sam,

Instead of Ajax Refresh the text box did you try to refresh the container that involves the textbox and the mask?

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Sam,

Instead of Ajax Refresh the text box did you try to refresh the container that involves the textbox and the mask?

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I'll give that a go when I get a chance, but that still doesn't address the issue I posted about in the first post and the first Test.oml file I uploaded which doesn't have any Ajax Refreshes at all, but you still see different behaviours on different input boxes.

Cheers,

Sam.

Hi,

When I change this the behavior also change for the different inputs. Now they all have the same behavior.

Regards,

Marcelo