Input and Output Params with the same name

Input and Output Params with the same name

Hi community,

While integrating a new Web Service with existing ones, I'm expected to expose a WS with an input param name, and must be send back in the response with the same name (as an output param) - something like a correlation id.

The problem is that when I try to set the name for the output param, it detects that there is already a param with the same name, and sets a '2' after the name.

Since this is a flow that is kind of "standardized" between projects and this is kind of a technology limitation, is there a way for me to "fix" this on my Web App?

Thanks in advance! 

Regards,

Ivo

Hello Vitor

I don't think you can have an input and output parameters with the same name. What I think may be a solution to your problem is setting the Name in Request property of either the Input or Output to the one you want (see attached picture)

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ângelo Sousa

Hello Vitor

I don't think you can have an input and output parameters with the same name. What I think may be a solution to your problem is setting the Name in Request property of either the Input or Output to the one you want (see attached picture)

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ângelo Sousa

Ângelo Sousa wrote:

Hello Vitor

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ângelo Sousa

Hello Ângelo,

This option is only enabled for header part of the payload.

Better option should is one below. "Name in JSON" property.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Atul Patel wrote:

Ângelo Sousa wrote:

Hello Vitor

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ângelo Sousa

Hello Ângelo,

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hello Ângelo and Atul,

I don't see those options on the Expose SOAP web service, I only see them on the REST ones..

I really need this to be a SOAP WS.

Thanks and Regards,

Ivo

Vitor Cosme wrote:

Atul Patel wrote:

Ângelo Sousa wrote:

Hello Vitor

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ângelo Sousa

Hello Ângelo,

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel

Hello Ângelo and Atul,

I don't see those options on the Expose SOAP web service, I only see them on the REST ones..

I really need this to be a SOAP WS.

Thanks and Regards,

Ivo

Hello Vitor,

The mentioned option I pointed out is on the structures and its not dependent on type of WS you want to expose or consume. So you can use same name as "CorrelationIdentifier" in "Name in JSON" for both your request and response parameters.

Hope you understood me.

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Patel