Advance queries in outsystem

Advance queries in outsystem

Hi,

i am a new outsystem developer. I have studied the bootcamp training course for beginner, but the thing i could not understand is advance queries. In coming days i have to appear in associate outsystem developer certification exam. Is there anyone who can provide the tutorials for advance queries in outsystem or can help in any other way...

Regards,

Solution

Usama Hassan wrote:

Hi,

i am a new outsystem developer. I have studied the bootcamp training course for beginner, but the thing i could not understand is advance queries. In coming days i have to appear in associate outsystem developer certification exam. Is there anyone who can provide the tutorials for advance queries in outsystem or can help in any other way...

Regards,

Hello Usama,

What you need to learn is SQL. With SQL you can use the Advance Queries.

https://www.1keydata.com/sql/sql.html

After that, check Outsystems help:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Use_Data/Query_Data/Write_Your_Own_SQL_Queries

You can also check some code from Forge Applications, to help you with some examples.

Hope I could help you :)

Regards

Solution

Hello Usama,

Regarding the Certification, as far as I know, what is evaluate is your knowledge related on HOW execute queries using an Advanced Query, and not on SQL itself.

You need to know, for example, what is the Output Structure, and how it relates to the fields you are "selecting" in the clause SELECT. You need to know how to pass parameters to the query (in aggregates you can use local/session variables directly, in sql no), and how to use those parameters in the query itself (using @), and so on.

So, it is less on SQL itself and more on the interface used to execute the query.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Usama,

Regarding the Certification, as far as I know, what is evaluate is your knowledge related on HOW execute queries using an Advanced Query, and not on SQL itself.

You need to know, for example, what is the Output Structure, and how it relates to the fields you are "selecting" in the clause SELECT. You need to know how to pass parameters to the query (in aggregates you can use local/session variables directly, in sql no), and how to use those parameters in the query itself (using @), and so on.

So, it is less on SQL itself and more on the interface used to execute the query.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo :)

You are right in terms of certification itself. That's why I defend a more pratical certification like it was some years ago. Why do you need to know what is the Output Structure if you don't know what is SQL and how to use it inside an Advance Query? :p 

Regards

Hi Eduardo 

thanks for the guide..it really helped..i know SQL but the main thing in is how to use that query when populating charts in outsystems. I am getting problem with line charts. I used the line chart widget two times but could not get the actuall solution to my problem. 

Kind Regards

Hi Usama, Are you referring the final project in the basic training?

Hi eduardo,

yes, and another one also used charts on "a customer support application" but the line chart didnt worker and actually it throughs the error for the query but the query did not even output any result.