"Resources and Meetings Management" App by Ana Rita Santos

"Resources and Meetings Management" App by Ana Rita Santos

Dear Folks,

Does anyone have the latest version of Ana Rita Santos' "Resources and Meetings Management" App to share with me, as the current version in Forge is saved in version 4/5?

I'd like to have a look at that App as it appears to be sleek according to the accompanying presentation.

I'm running the latest version of Service Studio and can't open the App.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Seth

Solution

Hi Seth,

I had to jump through some hoops, but got it converted (first from 4.0 -> 4.2, then from 4.2 -> 8.0 - you should able to open them with any modern Service Studio version).

However, this is an app that's over 10 years old, so don't expect it to conform to any recent best practices.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Seth,

I had to jump through some hoops, but got it converted (first from 4.0 -> 4.2, then from 4.2 -> 8.0 - you should able to open them with any modern Service Studio version).

However, this is an app that's over 10 years old, so don't expect it to conform to any recent best practices.

Dear Kilian

Oh my friend, I don't know what to say to you to show my utmost gratitude for pulling all strings to make it happen for me. Thank you so much for your assistance. I just wanted to check what it does as I was impressed with the presentation describing its functionality.

I'll definitely do my best to modernise it for my needs.

Thank you once again and stay blessed.

Glad I could be of service :). Good luck with it.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Glad I could be of service :). Good luck with it.

Much appreciated. I checked it last night wanting to modernise it, but realised it needs much time because it makes use of dependencies that are no longer there. I could change Outsystems platform-based dependencies, but not other user created modules.

I'll slowly start working on it reusing components from the other one in Forge called Resource Management.