Printable certificate

Printable certificate

When someone completes a training in our system we want to create a certificate with their name on it, the training title and date etc.  Anyone know of a good way to do this through OutSystems?  Did not see anything on the forge that might relate.

Use Word? :)

More seriously, you could use the OfficeUtils component to do some mailmerging using a Word template?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Use Word? :)

More seriously, you could use the OfficeUtils component to do some mailmerging using a Word template?

:P I think the office utils would work, we just need to make the certificate with placeholders so that when they finish the certificate it would automatically provide it as a pdf.

Yes, but not any old placeholders, but Word merge fields. I think the OfficeUtils will allow you to do a merge, though I'm not fully sure as I've not used it (we use a home-made Aspose Words extension for that).

Solution

Hi Jason,

You can also create a regular web screen to define your certificate, and use HtmlToPdfConverter to generate a PDF out of it.

Solution

Jason

I support the Jorge Martins solution !!

And If someone answer your question, mark it as correct. That will help other to find answers to similar questions.