Save File pdf, image (jpg/png), Video (MP4)

Save File pdf, image (jpg/png), Video (MP4)

i have problem for save file in database outsystems, do any solution ?

Hi Zainal,

Can you please explain what you have already tried, and what problem you perceive?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Zainal,

Can you please explain what you have already tried, and what problem you perceive?

Hi kilian, i already can upload image and display it but it's binary data not jpg or png. same as video and pdf, i want make it

Hi Zainal,

I think you need to elaborate some more, I still don't quite get it. Do you want to display something that is stored in the database, or do you want to put something in the database? What is your usecase?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Zainal,

I think you need to elaborate some more, I still don't quite get it. Do you want to display something that is stored in the database, or do you want to put something in the database? What is your usecase?and display the results of the upload earlier

i want to user can upload image, video or pdf than display and display the results of the upload earlier. just like social media (facebook, twitter etc)

Well, that's going to be a bit of a problem. You'll need to be able to store what file type was uploaded, and handle the specific format accordingly. For images and movies there are standard SilkUI components, I'm not sure about PDF.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, that's going to be a bit of a problem. You'll need to be able to store what file type was uploaded, and handle the specific format accordingly. For images and movies there are standard SilkUI components, I'm not sure about PDF.

yes, I have trouble finding the solution because of a little reference. so we can not upload any type of format?

You can upload anything you like. The problem is with displaying the uploaded content. Also note that you really don't want your users to upload movies, as they are way to big to handle without special care (and your database will be full in no-time).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

You can upload anything you like. The problem is with displaying the uploaded content. Also note that you really don't want your users to upload movies, as they are way to big to handle without special care (and your database will be full in no-time).

actually my priority first is to display pdf document file, for video can follow because of different project