The downloaded excel with binary data when convert record list to excel and download

The downloaded excel with binary data when convert record list to excel and download

Hi,

The excel file of the record list downloaded using my application contains binary data attached to this question.

save image

This table is converted to excel and download.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Regards,

Sowvik Roy

Hi Sowvik,

For one, the images are cut off at the right side, so it's difficult to see what's going on. But more importantly: I don't think you have stated the problem you are facing. What exactly goes wrong?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Sowvik,

For one, the images are cut off at the right side, so it's difficult to see what's going on. But more importantly: I don't think you have stated the problem you are facing. What exactly goes wrong?

Hi Kilian,

Very sorry about the images.

The issue is if I convert the table into excel, the excel  data looks like the table seen in my previous post.

But if you see the excel file attached to this post it contains some weird data.

The cropped screen shot is as follows:

Please note that the if I change MIme type to "appliction/octate-stream" and the problems persists

Regards,

Sowvik Roy

Solution

Hi Sowvik,

When I open the Excel file you attached, Excel complains about the format, so the extension should probably be xlsx.

That said, I see five columns, corresponding to the columns that you export: "nun", "clients", "ts", "active webhooks", "events received", "events relayed". There's no data beneath the columns, so the list you export to Excel must be empty. Otherwise I can't see anything wrong, what "weird data" do you see?

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Sowvik,

When I open the Excel file you attached, Excel complains about the format, so the extension should probably be xlsx.

That said, I see five columns, corresponding to the columns that you export: "nun", "clients", "ts", "active webhooks", "events received", "events relayed". There's no data beneath the columns, so the list you export to Excel must be empty. Otherwise I can't see anything wrong, what "weird data" do you see?

Thanks Kilian. I changed the extension to xlsx and it solve my problem.

Regards,

Sowvik Roy

Ok, great to hear Sowvik! Happy coding :)