Button with method Ajax Submit is not working in pop up editor

Button with method Ajax Submit is not working in pop up editor

Hello,

I have one button in my poopup editor with method Ajax Submit. When I am clicking on the button, screen action is not getting executed. also when I started the debugger, pointer is not going inside the action. Is this a bug or platform feature that we cannot do Ajax Submit on button inside pop up?

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Hi Suraj,

Ajax Submits and pop up screens don't have any issue with each other, that I can recall.

Can you elaborate on what you're doing? or maybe provide a sample OML with this behaviour so we can take a look?

Hi Suraj

I have the same problem with ajax submit buttons not responding since we upraded to version 10. I originally only had the problem on pop up screens, but sometimes I also have it on buttons that are within nested webblocks. I beleive this is a platform issue.  It does not always happen on all the buttons. It is a bit of random thing. 

To fix it I change the button to a normal submit and somehow it then still behaves like an ajax submit and does the refresh. 

I don't really have a solution, but i can confirm that I have the same experience.

Vonnelize

Suraj Borade wrote:

Hello,

I have one button in my poopup editor with method Ajax Submit. When I am clicking on the button, screen action is not getting executed. also when I started the debugger, pointer is not going inside the action. Is this a bug or platform feature that we cannot do Ajax Submit on button inside pop up?

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Hi Suraj,

Do you have any javascript issue openning the popup?

Regards

I am having this same issue with some popup screens. It is not happening on all popups and I have checked that they are all calling Ajax Submit for the OnClick.

The ones that are having issues once worked fine.

Was anyone able to solve this without resorting to using a regular submit (Save and New doesn't work)? 

Hi Suraj, Vonnelize and Mikael,

Can any of you provide us with an OML that has that problem? I don't think I've ever experienced that so I'm curious as to what might be happening there and whether it's a bug on the platform or some common implementation pattern that you all are following.

Hi, the problem has not been solved yet. I still have it on pop ups as well as inside nested web blocks even though I upgraded the platform version many times since. When I debug the problem nothing happens when the button is clicked - i.e. the debugger never enters the code inside the button.  I still use a normal submit or sometimes an onchange action on the fields - but that is not always suitable. I only experienced this problem on the Liverpool theme - not sure if this could be a theme related issue. I am currently travelling without access to the applicable outsystems environment so unable to download the oml but I can provide that next week or so if Mikael cannot offer an example.

I'm using the Dublin theme, so it's not limited to Liverpool.

Hello Mikael,

Do you have javascript errors when experiencing the problems you mentioned?

João Heleno wrote:

Hello Mikael,

Do you have javascript errors when experiencing the problems you mentioned?

No

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Suraj, Vonnelize and Mikael,

Can any of you provide us with an OML that has that problem? I don't think I've ever experienced that so I'm curious as to what might be happening there and whether it's a bug on the platform or some common implementation pattern that you all are following.

I'm attaching a password protected 7-zip file. I'll send you that password in a PM.

Hi Suraj,

Check the browser console for any error , sometimes if there is any javascript error in your page Ajax request stop working.Also try this on another page where you just have the popup and nothing else and see if it is working.

Regards

-PJ-

Do you have any mandatory fields that are being hidden on the screen in any fashion? That's often the problem, the JavaScript validation checks are failing because the field is empty, but you don't see the "Required field!" message because the field is hidden.

J.Ja

Hi Mikael,

I can open and inspect your module, but I cannot publish it in my own environment because it's got IPP (OML files directly uploaded to a forum post or as forge components get their IPP removed).

Justin may be right in your case: you have a mandatory field Quantity where you are also using a CustomMask to guarantee input... can you try removing the CustomMask and/or Mandatory restriction and check if you still have the problem?

By the way... the Label for the Quantity is not bound to the corresponding Input widget, and as such you don't see the mandatory indicator (red-star next to the label).

Hi guys,

I had resolved this issue but I am not sure about the root cause as of now. Sorry for ignoring your replies.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Removing the Custom Mask did the trick for me. The mandatory restriction shouldn't have any effect in our case because we had a default value.