List and Detail Screens exercise - no Align buttons on Interface editor

List and Detail Screens exercise - no Align buttons on Interface editor

Exercise 3 d) invites us to select the If widget, and then align it by clicking on the Center Align button.  In their example, the Align buttons appear to the right of the 'css' button.  However, my editor has no align buttons:

Can anyone advise how to get those buttons on to my toolbar, please?

Thank you very much

Graham

Are you using 10.0.715.0?  If so, it looks like things have changed.

The Visual Style Editor has been added to the CSS dialog... and it looks like they've taken away the Alignment buttons.  They were sure handy... and there was plenty of screen real estate for them... so I'm not sure I understand.  Maybe it's a mistake?

I can't see a way of adding them back.

That's sure going to confuse anyone going through the exercises.

It looks like you'd have to right-click on the If widget and choose Enclose in Container... and then center the container using it's Align property.

Hello Graham,

aligning any kind of content will always auto create a container. So if you can't find the align toolbar, you can simply right click on your If widget, choose Enclose in Container, and set the alignment to be center.

Solution

Davidk wrote:

Are you using 10.0.715.0?  If so, it looks like things have changed.

The Visual Style Editor has been added to the CSS dialog... and it looks like they've taken away the Alignment buttons.  They were sure handy... and there was plenty of screen real estate for them... so I'm not sure I understand.  Maybe it's a mistake?

I can't see a way of adding them back.

That's sure going to confuse anyone going through the exercises.

It looks like you'd have to right-click on the If widget and choose Enclose in Container... and then center the container using it's Align property.

David, tnank you very much for this - and yes, I am using 10.0.715.0, and am too much of a newbie to recognise differences from earlier versions.  Your explanation is a big help - and relief! - and thank you for the work-around - much appreciated!

Graham

Solution

Lady wrote:

Hello Graham,

aligning any kind of content will always auto create a container. So if you can't find the align toolbar, you can simply right click on your If widget, choose Enclose in Container, and set the alignment to be center.

Dear Lady:  

Thank you very much for this - I was not aware of the auto-create of a container, so this is a great help, and does provide a solution.  Thank you!

Graham