Bug in Manage Dependencies? - OK / Help / Cancel buttons not visible

Bug in Manage Dependencies? - OK / Help / Cancel buttons not visible

Hi, as part of the Widgets I Exercise I am supposed to add public entities from the OSMDb_Core_AdM module via Manage Dependencies (p.6 of the accompanying pdf):

"In the Public elements list for the core module, you should see the four
elements you made public in the earlier exercise. Select them all by
clicking in the Entities folder, and press Ok to close the dialog."

I followed all the instructions and selected those 4 entities (their checkboxes are checked)  However, Although the Refresh All button is visible, the OK, Help and Cancel are missing, so I cannot confirm my selection. Is this a bug in my Service Studio environment (10.0.715.0)? 

Anybody any suggestion what to do, as I can't proceed with my course now? Thanks.

Hi Aldo,

It's not a bug. I would say that your window is too large. Try to move the Manage Dependencies window to the left and then reduce  its size a little.

Cheers,

José

Thanks for the reply. José. Your answer partially helped, but I still think something is not quite right. 

I have two screens (one laptop, one external monitor), and I had the OutSystems Studio running on my extended monitor. When unplugging the external monitor, and only using my laptop monitor, he OK button does indeed show. However. when having my extended monitor plugged in, even when having Studio run on my laptop screen, the moment I click Manage Dependencies, that screen shows maximized on my extended monitor, without the OK button, but also without the minimize button in the top right. The only way to get out of there is by pressing escape. 

So it seems OutSystems is not able to handle my extended monitor the right way. Just working from my small laptop screen is quite cumbersome for development purposes. NB I have taken part of this course half a year ago, then everything was fine. 

Hi Aldo,

The situation you are describing is not an OutSystems thing! I've seen many times with multiple apps:

• If you have a window, in a large monitor, and that window is larger in pixels than the monitor of your laptop (but not maximzed) then, when you go to the laptop it will tend to keep the same size and thus, it will not fit your laptop. 

And that's what is happening in your case. You had the Manage Dependencies window with a size that fitted the external monitor but it not fitted the laptop. When you opened the window in your laptop, Service Studio opened it with the same size (that you had on your external monitor) and now it does not fit the screen of your laptop.

Just reduce the size of the window and everything will be fine.

Cheers,

José

Hi Aldo,

You need to click on highlighted icon to reduce the size of manage dependencies window.

Regards

-SK-

José Costa wrote:

Hi Aldo,

The situation you are describing is not an OutSystems thing! I've seen many times with multiple apps:

• If you have a window, in a large monitor, and that window is larger in pixels than the monitor of your laptop (but not maximzed) then, when you go to the laptop it will tend to keep the same size and thus, it will not fit your laptop. 

And that's what is happening in your case. You had the Manage Dependencies window with a size that fitted the external monitor but it not fitted the laptop. When you opened the window in your laptop, Service Studio opened it with the same size (that you had on your external monitor) and now it does not fit the screen of your laptop.

Just reduce the size of the window and everything will be fine.

Cheers,

José

HI josé, thanks for the follow-up. However, it is exactly the other way around: the right buttons show up on my small - 13" - laptop screen, but not on my large - 24" - external monitor. This doesn't make any sense. Also, I cannot reduce the size of that window, as the minimize/maximize window buttons are gone on my 24" external monitor window. See my first post for the screenshot of that situation. 

Cheers,

Aldo

Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi Aldo,

You need to click on highlighted icon to reduce the size of manage dependencies window.

Regards

-SK-

Hi Shashi.

Which highlighted icon do you mean? See the screenshot in the first post. There are no minimize/maximize window buttons shown if you mean those.

Cheers,

Aldo

Guys. I found a workaround: when the buttons are gone on the Manage Dependencies window being displayed on my 24" external monitor, I reduce the size by pressing Windows & down arrow keys, then "pseudo-miaximize" the window manually by dragging it as large as I can. However, any time I maximize using the button, the OK-Help-Cancel buttons at the bottom-right as well as the maximize and close buttons at the top-right keep disappearing. 

So, it's workable now, but I still can't use the maximize button. Seems that there is a mismatch between OutSystems, Windows 10, and my external monitor. Perhaps the OutSystems developers can have a look at this at some point.

Thanks a lot for your help!