Extra EspaceID parameter causing Input string was not in a correct format error

Extra EspaceID parameter causing Input string was not in a correct format error

I'm getting error log entries about "Input string was not in a correct format" when the URL contains the EspaceID twice like this:  /MyScreen.aspx?EspaceId=163&...other params...&EspaceId=0 (Method: GET)

I am able to reproduce this in the development environment by appending a second ESpaceId to the URL, and the value doesn't have to be zero.

What might be creating URLs with a second EspaceID parameter?

It would be nice if the Error Detail included the referer header.

OutSystems 9.0.1.55, hoping to upgrade to 10 soon.

Hello Jacob,

Any specific reason why you would want to have two parameters with the same name? Also, if you change the second EspaceId to, i.e., SecondEspaceId does the issue still happens?

Thanks,

Armando

Hi Armando,

I do not want to have two EspaceId parameters. I don't know where the extra parameter is coming from. I wish I knew. It is unwanted and causes problems.

I didn't test your renaming suggestion since I want it dropped and removing the parameter and accessing the URL removes the error.

Jacob

Hey Jacob,

The only way I know that you could have the two parameter "set" when doing a GET request via OutSystems would be using an External Site with Dynamic URL and manually define it.

Still, the issue seems to be fixed. 

Thanks,

Armando

Hi Armando,

I did a quick check of any uses of ExternalSite and nothing is jumping out at me, but I'll look more carefully at it. Maybe it is something like that.

I'm still getting the errors due to this extra parameter so I hope to track this down sooner than later.

Extension Errors

Integration Errors

1st error time
Input string was not in a correct format.

2018-01-10 12:09:13

Thanks,

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

I think the when you are generating the dynamic URL you need to verify why extra EspaceId is coming.

Regards

-SK-