Hi Folks!

First of all, what a great platform is this, I love it. I signed up for a free account about a month ago and I directly created an app in notime! Now I want to integrate the database from my webserver at www.ddewilt.nl (ISP > 123-webhost.nl), but all of the topics tell the same story, but I can't get it to work. I tested with the 'Basic Configuration' and with the 'Advanced Configuration' option in the Servicecenter. Testing connection results on different errors:

- Connection String test failed: Authentication to host '83.172.180.134' for user 'ddewiltn' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'ddewiltn'@'ec2-54-208-30-52.compute-1.amazonaws.com' (using password: YES)

- Connection String test failed: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

Here is some information:

Type: MySQL database
MySQL version 5.6
server: ddewilt.nl
IP: 83.172.180.134
database: ddewiltn_wp1
usern: ddewiltn

Currently in Development mode

Here is some information from the ISP I can remote access the MySQL Database (https://www.123-webhost.nl/faq_mysql.php), but I don't know if I should type in the IP from my website or the IP from my Outsystemsenvironment(?)? 

Can please somybody help me?

Hello,

given that you're working in a Personal Environment I would say all the external accesses are blocked.

For security reasons I would say...

João Heleno wrote:

Hello,

given that you're working in a Personal Environment I would say all the external accesses are blocked.

For security reasons I would say...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but van you explain this? I don't understand what you're trying to say here..

Thanks!

I have a Personal Environment and have no issues connecting with an External Database using the Web Service Center, Administration, Database, Database Connections, Basic Configuration.

DBMS is set to MySQL

Server is set to the IP Address where my MySQL Server is installed.

Schema is the name of the existing database I want to connect to.

Username: MySQL username.

Password: MySQL password.

That's an interesting error... "Access denied for user 'ddewiltn'@'ec2-54-208-30-52.compute-1.amazonaws.com".  Why that user?

I'd be happy to create and test a connection, but you'd have to send through your password - privately - and then change it after testing.

I just tried connecting to your external database and I'm getting access denied as well.

I'm going to guess that your database server is set up to allow specific IP addresses only... or possibly specific domains only.

You'll need to check the security of your database server and see if you can allow users coming from ec2-54-208-30-52.compute-1.amazonaws.com.  See if your ISP can help with that.  I've run into this a few times with clients who have applied security on their MySQL Database Servers.  I can't make a connection to their server until they configure their server to allow my IP address.

The IP restriction was my problem.

Davidk wrote:

I have a Personal Environment and have no issues connecting with an External Database using the Web Service Center, Administration, Database, Database Connections, Basic Configuration.

DBMS is set to MySQL

Server is set to the IP Address where my MySQL Server is installed.

Schema is the name of the existing database I want to connect to.

Username: MySQL username.

Password: MySQL password.

That's an interesting error... "Access denied for user 'ddewiltn'@'ec2-54-208-30-52.compute-1.amazonaws.com".  Why that user?

I'd be happy to create and test a connection, but you'd have to send through your password - privately - and then change it after testing.

Hello david,

I'm trying to connect to an external database as well. I would like to know in detail what should be the server and schema during the connection. I'm not sure as this is the first time I'm connecting. Here I'm using Amazon rds for Mysql 5.7

Unsure.  I never set up access at the server level... only my clients do that.  I let them know I can't get, give them my IP address and 10 minutes later I'm in.

Also, I'm no longer using OutSystems.  It's really interesting but I find the overall lack of support for Javascript on the Client Web side... and a dogged determination by experienced users and OutSystems personnel to push all processing to the server to be really odd.

The Mobile side is better, but their use of a really outdated version of PhoneGap Build bothers me.  As well, you might write a wrapper for every plugin you want to use... and existing, OutSystems supported wrappers are always incomplete.  Good luck.