How to connect device to debug on VirtualBoxVM?

How to connect device to debug on VirtualBoxVM?

Hi,

I'm having an error while connecting iOS device to usb on VirtualBoxVM with Windows 8.1 

Is there a step-by-step guide how to setup devices and VM to have possibility debug app on the devices?

Thank you.

Mykola (Nick) Tkachenko wrote:

Hi,

I'm having an error while connecting iOS device to usb on VirtualBoxVM with Windows 8.1 

Is there a step-by-step guide how to setup devices and VM to have possibility debug app on the devices?

Thank you.

Hi Mikola 

Mine working well ... how did you setup your USB Setting in VM?

Hi César,

I've updated VirtualBox and setup new VM with Windows10, installed extensions pack to activate usb2/3 but the problem still the same. When I click on Apple Inc iPhone on the list of available USB devices it triggers an error:

Solution

Did you try using EHCI (USB 2.0)? I saw somewhere that type of setup need to be use.

I'm using this kind. USB 2.0 (EHCI)

My HOST OS is Mac OS High Sierra.

Solution

Hi Mykola,

You're doing the correct procedures to connect your phone to the VirtualBox. Additionally, I found an issue reported for VirtualBox in Mac and if you continue to have that issue check this thread post about a similar USB problem and how to solve it: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=69852#p353140

Regards,

António Pereira

Hi António and César,

I've managed to got it working using USB2 and make sure none of the macOS apps is connected to the device (iTunes, Photos etc.)

Mykola (Nick) Tkachenko wrote:

Hi António and César,

I've managed to got it working using USB2 and make sure none of the macOS apps is connected to the device (iTunes, Photos etc.)

That’s it! Like I’m using too

Glad to help. 

Regards