Data Type

Hi ,

I keep getting "Record List" Data Type instead of Text error after importing a data set from Excel.

But there is no "Record List" selection in the Data Type drop down selection?

Hi Nidia,

are you using some type of component perhaps?

"Record list" is an old type...

Meanwhile, take a look at this post: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14342/from-record-lists-to-lists/

Please tell us if you managed to eliminate the error.

Cheers,

João Heleno

Hi Nidia,

It will help if you provide more details. You wrote you're trying to import an excel file (usually you'd use the Excel To Record List widget for that). However, the error you mentioned suggests you're trying to use the counterpart widget Record List To Excel with an invalid value for parameter Record List.

Hi Nidhi,

You need to create RecordList of Text type.

Please find below link to create list/RecordList datatype:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14342/from-record-lists-to-lists/

Regards

-SK-

João Heleno wrote:

Hi Nidia,

are you using some type of component perhaps?

"Record list" is an old type...

Meanwhile, take a look at this post: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14342/from-record-lists-to-lists/

Please tell us if you managed to eliminate the error.

Cheers,

João Heleno

Hi, 

Still struggling a bit here ... I've Imported this file from Excel and when i go into Data > Entities and import from Excel, i don't see an option to change its type to Record? 

Actually the main reason for these questions is that im struggling to create a "DropList". It would be hand if you could send me an example of a simple "Droplist" created by importing a list of say people from Excel.

I'm more used to ComboBox but that is not available on Mobile.

Your help and support is very useful so far and have been reading and learning from the links you have provided :)

Regards

Nidia

Nidia Cochrane wrote:

Actually the main reason for these questions is that im struggling to create a "DropList". It would be hand if you could send me an example of a simple "Droplist" created by importing a list of say people from Excel.

Hi Nidia,

If you have successfully imported the data from the excel file, and you want to setup the dropdown check out this topic.

Hi Im still getting the Record List data type error..

And when i go into Data>Entity i still don't see "Record List" type to choose from. Lost :(

Nidia Cochrane wrote:

And when i go into Data>Entity i still don't see "Record List" type to choose from. Lost :(

Can you share your .oml file so we get a closer look ?

André Rodrigues wrote:

Nidia Cochrane wrote:

Can you share your .oml file so we get a closer look ?

Hi , please find attached.

There is a List and "Drop List" in this example and they just seem to repeat the 1st data item in "Preview Mode".

I've managed to get the data in now by building a new module.

Please can you try get the DropList to work :)?

At the moment you have this. 

Try like that:

The 'List' property that you need to define is in the Dropdown widget itself; you already did:

André Rodrigues wrote:

At the moment you have this. 

Try like that:

The 'List' property that you need to define is in the Dropdown widget itself; you already did:

Can you send me the working oml ?

Solution

Nidia Cochrane wrote:

Solution

André Rodrigues wrote:

Nidia Cochrane wrote:

Thank  you so much. :)

Your patience and determination to help me is the sign of a team that is willing to get things done! ...and that's exactly the team i want to be working with :)