Strange behaviour of Input_AutoComplete

Strange behaviour of Input_AutoComplete

Hi,

The use case is as follows:

• there is an Input_AutoComplete on the screen
  • the screen is higher than the browser's window
  • when the user clicks the Input_AutoComplete widget, the screen is scrolled to put the widget as high as possible
  • it is so on Chrome but not on IE

As I can see from the code of this widget such a behaviour is dedicated to mobiles to make place for the virtual keyboard (?). Unfortunately this behaviour is applied also for the desktop working on Chrome.

This unwanted behaviour is confusing and annoying. Is there a workaround for this issue? Or are there plans to fix it?

Regards

Tomasz

Hi Tomasz,

Can you please create an example in your personal environment and give the link here ..it may need some css tweaking .

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Tomasz,

Is this always happening, or just on a specific device? If the latter, is this a touch-enabled laptop?

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

Can you please create an example in your personal environment and give the link here ..it may need some css tweaking .

Regards

-PJ-

I'm working on it :-)

Tomasz

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

Is this always happening, or just on a specific device? If the latter, is this a touch-enabled laptop?

Hi,

Always, on all our laptops. None is touch-enabled.

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

Regards

-PJ-

Here you are: test application

You should open it in a window small enough to make it scrollable vertically. 

When opened in IE the prompt is: "Type or double-click for list". When double-clicked it just shows the list. 

When opened in Chrome or FF the prompt is: "Type or tap for list". When tapped (i.e.clicked (not double-clicked)) the screen scrolls vertically to put the input widget as high as possible.

The application is a Web App based on the Dublin theme. OS is 10.0.716.0 (Service Studio) and 10.0.702.0 (OS platform).

Any prompt, how to walk it around, will be appreciated.

Regards

Tomasz

Solution

Well, 

it seems that the Outsystems Team made some efforts to solve this issue - and solved it. My test application now works correctly, as expected.

So, I consider this issue as closed.

Tomasz

Solution