Custom Scaffolding

Hello all,

This might have been explained/replied somewhere but I do not seem to find it.

Reading this article https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/12781/new-scaffolding-platform-9/

there's this part : "Note that if you really need it, you can always customize the result of scaffolding and create your own show screens. For instance, if you want to show your contacts in a way that simulates a real business card, you can build a screen that provides such a layout."

How can I customize what the scaffolding does? For example when scaffolding an edit screen I want to always add automatically the same contextualized validations?

Hello Nelson,

You misunderstood it.
You can't change what the Scaffolding does.

What you can do is to create layouts that provide pages in the way you want and define the Theme to use those layouts.
If a flow uses your theme, when you do scaffolding there, it will use your layouts.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Nelson,

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you misinterpreted that: 'You can customize the result of scaffolding'

Scaffolding being an accelerator for building screens with crud functionality, i believe that the idea there was to say that you can build your List/Detail screen in a pretty simple yet functional way, but you can always change it and tweak it to your own needs.