[Multilingual Mobile Component] Change Language of current screen

[Multilingual Mobile Component] Change Language of current screen

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 2017-01-09 by Labs
11 votes
Published on 2017-01-09 by Labs

Hi,

We have a screen with a language selection widget.  

When the user changes the language the app navigates to the same screen (with the new language) to show the contents in the new language.  

Now we got a remark stating that when the user is moving back in his screen history list the screen where the language was changed shows up multiple times (which is normal : the screen was visited multiple times).

We explained it... but...  They don't like it...    

Is there a way to refresh a screen in a new language without flowing to the current screen...

Thx !

Bob.

Hi Bob,

1. Set the Method of the clickable link/button to "Ajax Submit" like below:

2. And then do an Ajax refresh on the page elements (by putting all screen elements in a container + giving them an Id)

Your pages will now refresh using Ajax and not show up in the browsers history :)

Regards,
Jasper

Bob Matthyssens wrote:

Hi,

We have a screen with a language selection widget.  

When the user changes the language the app navigates to the same screen (with the new language) to show the contents in the new language.  

Now we got a remark stating that when the user is moving back in his screen history list the screen where the language was changed shows up multiple times (which is normal : the screen was visited multiple times).

We explained it... but...  They don't like it...    

Is there a way to refresh a screen in a new language without flowing to the current screen...

Thx !

Bob.

Hi Bob,

I created a dummy mobile app to test that behavior and everything went well. Can you provide an example to help me understand? What is your Service Studio version?

Regards,

António Pereira

Hi Jasper,

Multilingual Mobile Component is a Mobile Component.  Your solution is for webpages...  

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Bob.

Bob Matthyssens wrote:

Hi Jasper,

Multilingual Mobile Component is a Mobile Component.  Your solution is for webpages...  

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Bob.

Ahhh....ok..Sorry for the inconvenience :)

Let's hope António Pereira can help you!

Hi Antonio,

My Service Studio version is 10.0.715.0.

When the user changes the language the app navigates to the same screen (with the new language) to show the contents in the new language.  This works fine.  But the result is that the screen is visited multiple times.  

I asked if somebody knows a way to get the results of the translation in a new language to the screen without flowing to itself, without adding an extra screen to the history, ...

If you have this working on your dummy app...  please attach the .oml so I can mark this as fixed.

Regards,

Bob.

Bob Matthyssens wrote:

Hi Antonio,

My Service Studio version is 10.0.715.0.

When the user changes the language the app navigates to the same screen (with the new language) to show the contents in the new language.  This works fine.  But the result is that the screen is visited multiple times.  

I asked if somebody knows a way to get the results of the translation in a new language to the screen without flowing to itself, without adding an extra screen to the history, ...

If you have this working on your dummy app...  please attach the .oml so I can mark this as fixed.

Regards,

Bob.

Hi Bob,

I tried with the javascript API method "Navigation.navigateTo" and it seems to work as you expect. Can you test? 

I add a JSNode with:

$public.Navigation.navigateTo(<url>, /*transition*/ 0, /*replace*/ true);

Regards.