TableList refresh

TableList refresh

i have assigned table an local variable list. While using ajax refresh on that table container the local variable values are lost ? why it is happening so?

Hi,

Can you post some prints of what you are doing so we can help you?

How the ajax refresh and tables work. You have a server side list and when the page loads a copy of that list is used on the table on the client side. When you do the ajax refresh the list on the server side is copied again to the client.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

Can you post some prints of what you are doing so we can help you?

How the ajax refresh and tables work. You have a server side list and when the page loads a copy of that list is used on the table on the client side. When you do the ajax refresh the list on the server side is copied again to the client.

Regards,

Marcelo

actually earlier i have used preparation list in table and i had applied searching logic. After searching i want some elements at top and others are at bottom. For that i have created a list and i am appending that list in preparation list after clearing it. After append, i have to apply the record refresh. The moment i applied the record refresh it again distort the order of the list which i append. 

The other way i am doing is taking the result of preparation in local variable list and assign it to table. So during searching the other list which i made while adjusting the order of the element according to the requirement and appending it to the local list variable. So when i applied ajax refresh to table  that local list becomes empty. 

So explain me the both scenario what wrong i am doing? And then suggest me right way to maintain the ordering of that appended list. So that its ordering wont get distorted after ajax refresh to a table

Hi,

What is a preparation list? a aggregate u did on preparation?

The correct way would be ordering the list on the aggregate, if you cant and you want to order on your code you can copy the list of the aggregate to a list variable of the screen and order that list. On the refresh you need to refresh the aggregate copy to the list and order again. the order algorithm should be done on a action.

If with this explanation you cant solve your problem maybe share the espace with us.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

What is a preparation list? a aggregate u did on preparation?

The correct way would be ordering the list on the aggregate, if you cant and you want to order on your code you can copy the list of the aggregate to a list variable of the screen and order that list. On the refresh you need to refresh the aggregate copy to the list and order again. the order algorithm should be done on a action.

If with this explanation you cant solve your problem maybe share the espace with us.

Regards,

Marcelo

i tried with this approach but my local list variables becomes empty when I applied ajax refresh to the table to which that local list var is bound

Hi,

That is really strange because the server list is different than the one showing on the table. that's why I need more information to be able to help you. Can you reproduce your error in a example and send it to me?

Regards,

Marcelo