Bootstrapping additional columns of data to an entity

Bootstrapping additional columns of data to an entity

Hi

I have essentially inherited an app which an entity that has data in it, but there is no bootstrap action (unsure how this was done). 

There is some information missing, so I've gone back to source and found two additional columns which I need to add to the entity and populate. There is data in each of these columns for every row.

How do I do this?

Cheers

Ali

Solution

Hi,

If it is a one time thing, I would just download an excel with all data (including IDs), fill the missing values, and create an action associate with a timer to update the data based on the IDs. TO avoid this being done always, I would keep the timer schedule empty and tun it from Service Center.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Hi Eduardo

This makes sense to me, but rather begs the question of how you export data to an excel (having never done this)...?

Cheers

Alasdair

Hi Alasdair,

There is a logic widget that is called "List To Excel", that is visible in the toobox when you are coding (screen action flow).
So, you just query your data (an aggregate or SQL), pass the list returned to this widget, and than download. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_export_entity_data_to_Excel

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch