Formatting currency for a hidden input box 

Formatting currency for a hidden input box 

On a web site, I am trying to use Simple Currency Input for some currency input, but I'm running into a problem.  I'm hiding the currency input widget until a user makes a selection, at which time the currency input becomes visible.  If the input widget is visible when the screen initially renders, the currency script attaches okay, but if it is hidden, the script does not attach to the input widget.  How can I attach to an initially hidden input widget?

The input widget is in an If block.  I also tried hiding the input widget using the Display property instead of the If block, but I experienced the same result. 

I downloaded the Simple Currency Input from here

Solution

David Austin wrote:

On a web site, I am trying to use Simple Currency Input for some currency input, but I'm running into a problem.  I'm hiding the currency input widget until a user makes a selection, at which time the currency input becomes visible.  If the input widget is visible when the screen initially renders, the currency script attaches okay, but if it is hidden, the script does not attach to the input widget.  How can I attach to an initially hidden input widget?

The input widget is in an If block.  I also tried hiding the input widget using the Display property instead of the If block, but I experienced the same result. 

I downloaded the Simple Currency Input from here

The simple currency input is a webblock or javascript? if you put it inside your IF block in the same branch as your input (possibly the true branch), it will get refreshed and the JS will be applied.

Let me know if this helps. If not, feel free to share an OML so we can take a look :)

Thanks,

AG

Solution