How to download Uploaded Document and the Allignment

How to download Uploaded Document and the Allignment

Hi,

I have a scenario where user could make comment to a ticket and upload as many document as they want before the ticket is approved.

I have table SRActivityLog to keep the comment that they make each time and the table SRTicketAttachement to keep the uploaded document. Table SRTicketAttachement is linked to SRActivityLog via ActivityLogId so that I could know document is uploaded at each activity.Below is the table structure

My concern is how to arrange the layout for both the data to be display to user.

Can i have the display below with the Attachement are all in 1 line with comments.Is it doabale?

Does anyone has idea how to do this? Or a better way of design?

Solution

Johnson Lim wrote:

Hi,

I have a scenario where user could make comment to a ticket and upload as many document as they want before the ticket is approved.

I have table SRActivityLog to keep the comment that they make each time and the table SRTicketAttachement to keep the uploaded document. Table SRTicketAttachement is linked to SRActivityLog via ActivityLogId so that I could know document is uploaded at each activity.Below is the table structure

My concern is how to arrange the layout for both the data to be display to user.

Can i have the display below with the Attachement are all in 1 line with comments.Is it doabale?

Does anyone has idea how to do this? Or a better way of design?

Hi Johnson,

Yes, it is doable.

You can create a web block that contains a list record inside it.
The list record is used to stored all attachments for each SRActivityLog.
Then you can use this web block on the last column of the above table record (the input parameter of the webblock is ActivityLog.id)

Cheers,

Lady

Solution

Hi Johnson,

It seems I misunderstood your question, I was reading too fast :). Indeed, if you have a 1:n relationship between data and you want a single line for every main data item, and a list of the sub items in a single column in that row, you need to do it as Lady says, i.e. create a Web Block that contains a List Records (or Table Records in case you want it in a table).

Thanks Lady and Kilian