Search Key Word

i want to make search, i can if i use aggregate data, now i want to make with REST API, I've tried with an action that uses aggregate data and then I replace it with REST API but it can not. what should i do ?

Hi Zainal,

Please describe your use case in detail.

Regards

-SK-

Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi Zainal,

Please describe your use case in detail.

Regards

-SK-

i want to make search key word by name, i've tried it but not succeeded. i use REST API

Solution

Hi Zainal,

In order to use a REST API instead of an Aggregate, you will need to call the REST API instead of the aggregate and then you will need to Assign the output of the REST API to a local screen variable and use that local screen variable as the source record list of the table records.  

But be aware that your aggregate is currently being used to:

• fetch the data from the database;
  • filter data based on search criteria;
  • sort the data by an attribute;
  • paginate data.

If you're fetching data from a REST API, will you retrieve the entire data set at once or will you be having multiple calls and return the relevant subset to display? Does your REST API support sorting, or do you need to do it on its output result? Does the REST API support filtering, or do you need to do it on its output result?

If your API does not support filtering, you will have to use something like the ListFilter action on its result.

If your API does not support sorting, you will have to use something like the ListSort action on its result.

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Zainal,

In order to use a REST API instead of an Aggregate, you will need to call the REST API instead of the aggregate and then you will need to Assign the output of the REST API to a local screen variable and use that local screen variable as the source record list of the table records.  

• paginate data.

If you're fetching data from a REST API, will you retrieve the entire data set at once or will you be having multiple calls and return the relevant subset to display? Does your REST API support sorting, or do you need to do it on its output result? Does the REST API support filtering, or do you need to do it on its output result?

If your API does not support filtering, you will have to use something like the ListFilter action on its result.

If your API does not support sorting, you will have to use something like the ListSort action on its result.

Hi Jorge,

My REST API supports for input, I've tried to consume and implementation on my screen but it did not work. I've saved the REST API request in the local variable and called it in my input form. 

thanks

Zainal, so did you manage to make it work?

From your action flow there, I'd expect you to assign the output of your REST calls to local variables on the assign with label "EmployeeId = Null"

Let me know if you need any more help.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Zainal, so did you manage to make it work?

From your action flow there, I'd expect you to assign the output of your REST calls to local variables on the assign with label "EmployeeId = Null"

Let me know if you need any more help.

what do you mean as picture?

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Zainal,

• paginate data.

i've tried but nothing happen, can you explain more detail ?