[IdP] Issue with redirect after login to Azure

[IdP] Issue with redirect after login to Azure

Forge Component
(22)
Published on 16 May by Telmo Martins
22 votes
Published on 16 May by Telmo Martins

Hi supporter, 

While I'm working with IDP module (https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/599/idp/).

I have issue with login process using IDP module. My attachment is about the steps that IDP is using for login - 1 and 3

The problem is: the step 1 is finished successfully, but it's not redirected to the step 3. It's keeping loop again on step 1. 

Could you please advice me if the problem is from the certs files/IDP configuration or the coding of IDP module. Note that the IDP worked before.

Thanks,

Thang Nguyen

Hi Thang,

Are you redirected to SSO server between step 1 and 3?

SSO server is the one responsible to redirect the user to step 3, so if after you enter the correct credentials on SSO the browser is not redirected to steep 3, you have to check the configuration on your IdP server.

Regards.

Hi Telmo,

Thanks for your answer.

I checked the SAML log via IDP. And I can see the AuthnRequest is valid but it redirected to step 1 again and again.

so if after you enter the correct credentials on SSO the browser is not redirected to steep 3, you have to check the configuration on your IdP server. 
==> Could you please advice which is the information we need to check on the IDP server?

Thanks,

Thang Nguyen

Solution

Hi Thang,

That depends on your IdP server implementation and the terminology used by it. 

From SAML perspective, I'm talking about the ACS Url (Assertion Consumer Service) that must be configured on IdP server, which is the URL that will process the saml response. In this case it's the SSO entry URL on flow 3.

Regards.

Solution

Hi Telmo,

Thanks for your useful information. We found the cause of this issue, it's from the configuration of ACS url. 

Thanks for your support.

Thang Nguyen 

Hi All,

I am also working on the IdP module but I am getting different kind of error when it redirects to the application after login to Azure. 

Please find the attached screenshot for the same error.

Also I have created a new post for this issue with all the steps - https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/35433/idp-redirect-issue-after-login-to-azure/

Thanks

Anil Kumar