Disadvantage with SOAP integration

Disadvantage with SOAP integration

I have a SOAP API, and when testing it in SoapUI it works correctly. But when doing integration with outsystems, I throw the message described in the attached image.

Any help to this problem.

Solution

Hi,

The error is network related (it means the server is not reachable).

Remember that:

• While you are testing the API using SoapUI, you're connecting from your laptop. In most cases, you'd be in the office, connecting to a service in your datacenter.
  • But in runtime, the connection is done from the OutSystems front-end instead - and there's a good chance it is in the cloud.

If the OutSystems infrastructure is in the cloud (PaaS offer), your IT will need to open access to the service, either via a public API Gateway or using a secure VPN. If the OutSystems infra is on-premises, this is a network issue. Either way, your infrastructure team probably should be involved.

Solution

I agreed with Paulo,

There are definitely some problem of access issue of SOAP API from Outsystems Server you need to verify it.

Regards

-SK-

Paulo Ramos wrote:

Hi,

The error is network related (it means the server is not reachable).

Remember that:

• While you are testing the API using SoapUI, you're connecting from your laptop. In most cases, you'd be in the office, connecting to a service in your datacenter.
  • But in runtime, the connection is done from the OutSystems front-end instead - and there's a good chance it is in the cloud.

If the OutSystems infrastructure is in the cloud (PaaS offer), your IT will need to open access to the service, either via a public API Gateway or using a secure VPN. If the OutSystems infra is on-premises, this is a network issue. Either way, your infrastructure team probably should be involved.

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the info. You are grateful enough. I'll ask you then to verify the accesses to the API.