Building Your First Business Process - Hands on Challenge (Solution)

Building Your First Business Process - Hands on Challenge (Solution)

Greetings.

I was wondering if anyone could share the solutions for this exercise since i'm stuck: https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/911/hands-on-challenge/

Thanks in advance!

Hello b_pal. Sharing solutions is not allowed in this forum, but write me a message with details of your progress, and I can help you.

I am also stuck with where to begin.  My first thought was to update the Assign Reviewer form to have two names: Primary Reviewer and Secondary Reviewer.  Then the AssignReviewer action can use the CreateOrUpdateReview action twice, passing in a different user each time.  This doesn't work, however, because the Assign Reviewer form has to correspond to a single Review.  So, I guess we're going to make poor Chris open the Assign Reviewer box twice?

In the Session Selection process, there could be two tracks coming off of the Start node, as described in the lesson on parallel activities.  However, I don't understand how that works with the UI.  I understand that you want people to work through this on their own, but the guidance on this exercise is sparse.  Any suggestions?

Hi, 

I have not tried, but i think for assigning reviewer, we need to modify the form to enable Chris to choose 2 reviewers.

Then i got stuck in assigning human activity to each reviewer.

Regards,

Indra

Hello Scott. I will help you if you share the code that you are working on via private message.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Is there a clue on how to assign a proposal to 2 reviewers by Christ? Do we need to change the Form such that Christ can tick 2 reviewers all at once in one task?

regards,

indra

Indra, there are multiple solutions to the problem, and you should be able to decide how to make the changes necessary to support 2 reviewers for a session.

If you want help, please send me the code that you currently have, and in private we can discuss your options.

Thank you Sir,

After lost in two days, I am nearly to my solution, but i 'll ask some concepts i am still in doubt:

- How to read this wait activity? 

When a review (say Rachael) give a suggest (UpdateReview), the Wait is not close, but it is waiting for the second reviewer (say ROn); it closed when both have done updateReview. Does this mean that the Wait is waiting to close per proposedSessionId, not per ReviewId basis? So, the UpdateReview (in the CLose On property is rather misleading): 

regards,

indra 

For Christ to assign 2 reviewers, i can manage it by NOT closing the AssignReviewer taskbox (and in this case taskbox is something just like a reminder (accessories- trivial) - not a non trivial business action) in the screen action until  two reviewers are assigned, something like this (is it correct):

regards,

indra 

May be my 2 cents about BPT:

I found something elegant in ORacle tech called SQL Model, but it is rarely used as it is rather hard to learn. And I rather de javu when learning BPT :). Hopefully, i am wrong.

regards,

indra

Hello Indra. Your latest posts are somewhat confusing.

I cannot tell by your pictures if you are doing it correctly or not. Like I said, there are multiple solutions, and I would rather check the code that you've produced until I can give you feedback on what's right and what's wrong. You can save your work in Service Studio (CTRL-S) and send me the file in a private message.

Your first post said the CloseOn was misleading. The CloseOn determines when the Wait activity closes. The timeout is also another way of telling when the Wait activity will close. However, you can cancel any of those Close events if you throw an AbortActivityChange Exception during the OnClose callback.

Your second post has a piece of code that is out of context. Is that code inside a screen action, or inside the process? If it's inside a process, then the Feedback Message will not work - I hope you know why is that. Either way, I don't think you need a call to ActivityClose, so you might be doing something wrong or at least overcomplicating the solution.

Your third post compares BPT to SQL Model. I had never heard of this feature, but upon searching by it I found this, which describes some SQL syntax to performe multidimensional calculations. I really don't know how to compare that with BPT, as they are completely different things. I can only think that you mistaken the name of some other Oracle product, or at least I didn't find the tool you were thinking of.

From this I can give you an advice for future posts, please be more specific. Either include a link to the product you're mentioning, or at least make clear how you are comparing both products.

I'm also stuck with the Master Class on Modeling Business Processes (BPT) challenge.
I manage to assign two 2 reviewers, but after I assigned the second person when I look in serviceCenter the user is the same as the first person to who I assigned the session. See attached image.
How can I solve this problem/what is going wrong?

Sorry for a too late reply on this topic, but since I offered help, I thought I could share a few steps that might help most of the people that get stuck in this challenge.

1. I am attaching to this comment the SelectionProcess.oml with all changes done in the videos. This is not the solution, but just a convenient starting point. I still recommend you to watch the videos and do all of the changes by yourself - this exercises your muscle memory and you get to explore different things along the way.
  2. The first thing you should consider is: does the data model support multiple reviews per session? If it doesn't support, then you need to change the data model.
  3. The second thing is: does the user interface support multiple reviews per session? Is Chris (the review committee chair) able to assign multiple reviews to a given session? If it doesn't, the you will need to change the user interface. Hint: the Display property of a Container is being used to conditionally hide the Assign Review link - you still need to find the container and change the Display property. Another hint: something is closing the AssignReviewer activity after the first review is assigned... maybe it's not a good idea to close it! Remember that Chris can still close the activity in the taskbox.
  4. How is the taskbox activity created for each reviewer? Do you understand how that mechanism works? If you don't, you should watch the video Add Human Activities to a Process and Pick Tasks Assigned to You From the Taskbox.
  5. Each reviewer only sees the taskbox activity that is assigned to him/her. How does that work? If you don't understand how each activity gets assigned to a particular user, watch the video Add Human Activities to a Process again.
  6. Now consider that you assign multiple reviews for a given session. Will multiple taskbox activities get created, one for each review? You can check how many were created in Service Center, which is described in great detail at the end of the video Pause a Process with a Wait Activity.
  7. In the case of having multiple reviews for a session, does each ReviewProposedSession activity get assigned to the correct user? If not, check how the user is being assigned to the activity, and try to understand why doesn't it work. Remember that each session will have multiple reviewers, but each ReviewProposedSession activity should be assigned to its own reviewer. Hint: if only you could get the correct Review record, and then read its ReviewerId...
  8. Try to assign multiple reviews for a given session, then complete the last review before the others. Does that work as you would expect? If not, you will need to fix it. Hint: what a good time to use the debugger!
  9. Try to assign multiple reviews for a given session, make sure you close Chris's taskbox activity, then complete the first review before the others. Check the status of the session. Does the status reflect what you would expect? If not, you will need to fix it. Hint: you got too used to this, no hint this time...
  10. Try to assign multiple reviews for a given session, make sure you close Chris's taskbox activity, then complete all reviews but rejecting the last review. Check the status of the session. Is it what you would expect? If not, are you able to fix this?

Finishing this challenge could take 2 to 16 hours. If you still couldn't finish it, send me a private message and I'll try to help.

If you finished the challenge with ease, and want to spend more time in this challenge, allow me to highlight the second part of this challenge, which most people don't even start to think of:

"DecideOnSession should also be implemented to allow the chairperson to make a decision when the reviewers don’t agree to reject the session."

Let me talk briefly what it entails.

What is being asked is that the decision must be escalated to Chris (the review committee chair) in the case of two reviewers disagreeing on rejecting or not the session. In that circumstance, Chris would be able make a final decision.

Any solution to this second part would require designing some business logic that is not very explicit, and a user interface for Chris to make the decision. Feel free to get creative in this part, but I'm going to suggest a simple solution.

On the ReviewerRejectedSession decision, change its logic so that the Rejected status only gets set if all complete reviews have the Reject decision, i.e. all reviewers agree it should be rejected.

On the DecideOnSession activity, you should check if all complete reviews have Accept decision. If so, then update the status of the session to Accepted. Otherwise, set the status to Undecided.

On Chris's list of sessions (ProposedSessions screen), for sessions that have status Undecided, Chris will see two new buttons: Accept and Reject. The Accept button simply changes the status of the session to Accepted. Similarly, the Reject button sets the status to Rejected.

Good luck!