How to clone a module to your Application ?

How to clone a module to your Application ?

Hi guys,

does anyone know, hon can I insert/copy a cloned Module to my own application in my Outsystems enviroment ?

thank you

Solution

Hi Jiantong,

After cloning a Module and publishing it, the Module will be in the Independent Modules folder in Service Studio.

If you go there, move the mouse over the Module and you will see the option "Move to...". 

Click there and then select the Application that you want to move the module to.

Cheers,

José

Solution

Jiantong,

Adding to José's answer.

You can not publish a cloned module directly into a different environment if it is in a different infra-structure.

So, for enterprise environments, you can pass an OAP (OutSystems Application Package) in the IPP (https://www.outsystems.com/homeIpp/IPP_Page.aspx), to replace the activation code of the original environment by the activation code of the new environment.

But this does not work between "personal" environments and between a personal environment and an enterprise environment.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Jiantong,

Adding to José's answer.

You can not publish a cloned module directly into a different environment if it is in a different infra-structure.

So, for enterprise environments, you can pass an OAP (OutSystems Application Package) in the IPP (https://www.outsystems.com/homeIpp/IPP_Page.aspx), to replace the activation code of the original environment by the activation code of the new environment.

But this does not work between "personal" environments and between a personal environment and an enterprise environment.

Cheers.

Eduardo, so if I am developing an aplicattion/module in my personal environment and want to move it to my enterprise environment, this IPP process doesn't work?

Abílio Matos

Hello Abilio,

Exactly. Out of the box, you can't move an app from or to a personal. 

If you need to do this for some reason, you will have to talk to OutSystems directly and justify why you developed in a personal instead of in your company's enterprise development environment. afaik.

Cheers.

Hi Abilio,

If i want to use personal environment module A to personal module B, i succeed by send it to this forum (attachment) and then download it back to be published to the consumer as independent module. I never try across personal and enterprise. 

Another way is to upload to forge (but it is for public library.. so will make it insecure).

Regards,

Batik

Batik Web wrote:

Hi Abilio,

If i want to use personal environment module A to personal module B, i succeed by send it to this forum (attachment) and then download it back to be published to the consumer as independent module. I never try across personal and enterprise. 

Another way is to upload to forge (but it is for public library.. so will make it insecure).

Regards,

Batik

Be aware that when you attach a module to a post in the forum, you are giving the right to anyone to use it the way they like.

Hi Costa.

thank you so much, it really very helpful for me. 

José Costa wrote:

Hi Jiantong,

After cloning a Module and publishing it, the Module will be in the Independent Modules folder in Service Studio.

If you go there, move the mouse over the Module and you will see the option "Move to...". 

Click there and then select the Application that you want to move the module to.

Cheers,

José

Hi Jauch,

I want to clone the module to the same Environment.  Thank you !

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Jiantong,

Adding to José's answer.

Cheers.