App works differently on different devices

App works differently on different devices

Hi everyone

I have developed a silk UI mobile app. It works fine on one of my device (LG ) but on Huawei it seem cactus . Why is it so? I used stacked cards in it. In Huawei the stacked cards don't swipe properly, it doesn't show the full front end of the app and the cards leave it's place while swiping.

Any help will be great

HAfsa

What's "cactus"?

I just tried my Stacked Cards app on my Huawei Nexus 6P and it's really good... no issues.

Hi David ,

I meant it's not working properly. the cards move from its pissition, and they don't swipe properly where as it works perfectly on LG. 

Davidk wrote:

What's "cactus"?

I just tried my Stacked Cards app on my Huawei Nexus 6P and it's really good... no issues.

Swipes left, right, up all good.  Button clicks result in the same movements... all very smooth.  Even if I tap and hold on a card I can move it around - still really smooth.

Try a rebuild, and a full reinstall.  Delete the app first.  Also try powering off the phone.  Which Huawei is it?

Hi David ,

It's huawei p9

Swipes left, right, up all good.  Button clicks result in the same movements... all very smooth.  Even if I tap and hold on a card I can move it around - still really smooth.

Try a rebuild, and a full reinstall.  Delete the app first.  Also try powering off the phone.  Which Huawei is it?

I think that's my only complaint about the Android world.  Unless you buy whatever the current Nexus device is... you really never know what you're going to get.  Updates are always really delayed.

I bought the P6 because it was designed to Google specs and Nexus updates are usually immediate.

I also have the Stacked Cards app running on my Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 6.0.1.  Runs well... no issues.

Sorry I can't be of more help other than confirming other Android devices.

Hello Hafsa. Which android version do you have?

Could it be that the hardware is not powerful enough to smoothly render the card swipe? Maybe you have too many cards or too many information on your screen, thus exhausting the RAM and degrading the performance of the card swipe?

If you could record the problem and send us a video clip, that would allow us to identify what the problem might be.

Mobile apps, both on iOS and Android, run using Cordova, which should guarantee no differences in behavior because the rendering and scripting engine is the same on all devices.