Integrate Database in OutSystems

Integrate Database in OutSystems

Hello,

I am trying to connect a DB to an application developed in OutSystems, the question is that I am trying it with WampServer and a DB in localhost, but I get an error when trying to create the connection to the DB.

Can anyone tell me how i do this? 

Thanks,

Jordi.

Hey Jordi !

Are you using outsystems personal environment? 

If you're using Outsystems on Personal environment, then your MySQL server should be on Public Internet IP (or routed through public ip) and accessible through internet.

Unless you are trying to connect to a public database you will not be able to achieve it.

Hope it helped!

Best Regards,

Diogo Romero

Romero wrote:

Hola Jordi!

¿Estás usando un entorno personal externo? 

Si está utilizando Outsystems en un entorno personal, entonces su servidor MySQL debe estar en IP pública de Internet (o enrutada a través de IP pública) y accesible a través de Internet.

A menos que intente conectarse a una base de datos pública, no podrá lograrlo.

Espero que haya sido de ayuda!

Atentamente,

Diogo Romero

Hi Romero,

Yes, I'm using personal environment, I'm going to test on a public IP and tell you if this run or not, keep you informed.

Thank you very much,

Jordi.

Hi Roberto,

I'm trying to connect my MySQL Database to OutSystems and i read on the forum that MySQL is not supported, this is right?

Thanks,

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

You can see here what are the supported databases (and MySQL is one of them).

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Jordi,

You can see here what are the supported databases (and MySQL is one of them).

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your answer, nice, and how i do the connect? I'm on this URL (https://jgisberp.outsystemscloud.com/ServiceCenter/DatabaseConnections_List.aspx) trying to do the connection with my MySQL DB with an public IP but i can't do that, can you help me? I'm rookie in this theme and i'm lost jeje, than you very much.

Jordi.

On the DBMS dropdown you choose MySQL and then just fill in the appropriate details (probably won't need advanced settings).

Like Romero said, your MySQL database server needs to be accessible from the cloud (server needs a public IP that your OutSystems Personal Environment can connect to through the internet, you cannot use localhost or a local network IP).

Jorge Martins wrote:

On the DBMS dropdown you choose MySQL and then just fill in the appropriate details (probably won't need advanced settings).

Like Romero said, your MySQL database server needs to be accessible from the cloud (server needs a public IP that your OutSystems Personal Environment can connect to through the internet, you cannot use localhost or a local network IP).

Hi Jorge,

I'm trying with a MySQL DB on 000webhost to test public IP, it does not work and I don't know where the error may be, sorry about questions, but I'm iniciate.

Thanks,

Jordi,