downloading pdf

HI,

I have a few pdf's which I want to upload in my application. The purpose of these pdf's will be when the user wants to download these or open these inside the app, he can by clicking a button. 

Well, I dont know how to do it :) How will I upload or save my pdf's in my app backend which a user can read or download after clicking/tapping a button. its a mobile app.

Cheers

Hi Hafsa,

I already pointed out a relevant forum discussion around this in your other post on the topic... you can try and follow one of the approaches pointed there.

Silk UI will do the trick for you.

Alternatively read the below for a quick approach:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Inputs/Upload_Files

Hi Jorge,

I was looking for the last post today but couldnt find it some how so had to start a new post. Thanks for pointing out the post. I worked with file upload pattern the other day and It was working fine, I didn't upload any file though thinking I dont want the user to upload file , I want him to download it. So You mean I first have to create an upload button , after uploading the file I will delete that button and create another for user so that he can download that file? Is this what I shall do or is there another process?

(am new to outsystems and using everything for the first time)

Cheers,

Hafsa

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Hafsa,

I already pointed out a relevant forum discussion around this in your other post on the topic... you can try and follow one of the approaches pointed there.

Hi Hafsa,

You can create a backend Web application that some kind of admin user can use to upload those PDFs and store them in the database. Once they're there, you can then implement the download feature on your mobile app for your regular users.

Hi Jorge,

I decided to pick the pdf's from the website instead of uploading them on my app. For that what I have done is I used FileTransferSample plugin. I used it the same way it was done in the plugin. Everything seem smooth but when I tap the screen to enter data , the screen turns white and starts reloading the whole app. What is it that I might be missing?

Attached is the printScreen

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Hafsa,

You can create a backend Web application that some kind of admin user can use to upload those PDFs and store them in the database. Once they're there, you can then implement the download feature on your mobile app for your regular users.