How to show the product details in the details screen using identifier

How to show the product details in the details screen using identifier

Hi,

I have list of products, when i click any one product it will show the full details in the details screen.

I have already listed the products and created the product identifier for the products.

I want to know, how to map the product identifier with the details screen to show the full details of the product.

Can you please help me on this.

Solution

Hello Dhilip

I'm guessing you have a Product List screen with a TableRecords or ListRecords widget displaying the Products

From there, you create a link in (for example) the Product's name, and set it to navigate to the ProductDetails page. This page must have a ProductId input parameter of data type Product identifier. When you create the link, the platform will ask you for the value that should be sent to the input, and you should send the TableRecords.List.Current.Product.id

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ângelo

Solution

Alternatively, you can scaffold the entity - the list screen will be automatically created and also the detail screen.

regards,

indra

Yes, Indra's solution is much simpler, as the platform will automatically create the form in the Details page and add default logic to the editing and creation of Products

Hi Dhilip:

Scaffolding can be done using either way:

1. right click the entity and choose menus create list screen and create detail screen. This action will create two screens in the MainFlow.

2. Open any UIFLow  and drag the specified entity twice:

More often you just drag an entity / a parameter just to scaffold. This pattern will save much of your time.

regards,

indra

Thank you Indra and Ângelo Sousa. This solution is very helpful for me.

Hello Dhilip

Glad to help. However, and for future reference, you should mark the answer that solved your problem as the solution so it helps people that end up having the same problem as you find  the solution more quickly

Regards,

Ângelo