Wait Activity

Hi there,

I am still confused between with and without Wait Activity. What is clearly the difference?

regards,

indra

Indra Budiantho wrote:

Hi there,

I am still confused between with and without Wait Activity. What is clearly the difference?

regards,

indra

Hi Indra,

I think this process is implemented with the "Wait" and the "ReviewProposal" in a different flow so you can have several reviews at the same time: https://youtu.be/dqIs6XWI8rk?t=759.

The Wait will only terminate when all the reviews finish.

If you implemented with a sequential activity on the main flow, it would not allow several reviews in parallel.

Cheers,

Renato

Solution

Hello Indra.

The wait activity allows your process to stop a flow and wait for some condition.

The condition can be a timeout, in this case your process will stop until a given date/time. A few examples:

• A manager has 3 days to approve a purchase order, otherwise it gets escalated to a general manager
  • After sending some important notification to a client, re-send a reminder every 7 days until he/she clicks on a link to visit your app

The condition can also be a database event (called Close On), and in this case the process will stop until some database trigger fires. A few examples:

• After the purchase order is sent to a manager, the process must wait for approval (which is an update in a StatusId attribute) before notifying the employee by email.

On that particular screenshot, if you didn't have the WaitForReview, the decision would be done immediately after assigning to the reviewer, and the reviewer wouldn't have time to do the review. With the WaitForReview, the DecideOnSession will only execute when the WaitForReview closes. For that, there must be an Update in the review table to trigger the close of the Wait, and the OnClose action must complete with success.

Solution

hi,

i am still confused with this :

Without WaitForReview, does after a chairman assigning a reviewer and the reviewer hasn't review the proposal, does the decideondecision activity is run or wait until the reviewer do the review?

If not wait, then the process will be terminated and the human activity of reviewer can not be done as in the course.

regards,

indra

That's right. If you remove the Wait activity, then there's nothing to stop the process from moving into DecideOnSession immediately after the AssignReviewer finishes. And because the DecideOnSession is an automatic activity, it would shortly move into the End node, closing the entire process.

hi, Leo:

I mean this picture (without wait activity). I think it is blocking in the ReviewPropsedSession as well. 

regards,

indra

Renato Torres wrote:

Indra Budiantho wrote:

Hi there,

regards,

indra

Hi Indra,

I think this process is implemented with the "Wait" and the "ReviewProposal" in a different flow so you can have several reviews at the same time: https://youtu.be/dqIs6XWI8rk?t=759.

The Wait will only terminate when all the reviews finish.

If you implemented with a sequential activity on the main flow, it would not allow several reviews in parallel.

Cheers,

Renato

THank you Torres,

Do you mean there is only one reviewer that can review and then go to automatic activity DecideOnSession? Is it because there is no condition (property) in the ReviewProposedSession human activity:

regards,

indra