Start Client Function After Delay

Start Client Function After Delay

I need to check the status of a thing after a short time, then call it again and again if something (being checked each time) is still false. This is in a mobile app.

To create the delay I have tried calling a javascript function which uses settimeout to alter an outsystems variable after 3000ms. I do this by using an input field tied to that variable and use a getDocument....value="..." type call.

I then thought that onrender would fire for that block as the variable changed and I could use logic looking at the value of the outsystems variable to ensure I need to run the next action, but it doesn't fire. I thought instead to tie an input variable to that input field and hope that 'parameters changed' event would fire, but again no luck.

Last I have tried using the on-change event of the input field but again it doesn't fire.

Perhaps I'm trying a silly route of using a javascript function in this way.

Perhaps I should use a javascript which has a pointless while loop checking the time until 3 seconds have passed to literally pause that process and wait. I could put that in a function which calls itself if the situation requires it. I'll try that. Any suggestions welcome.

Why don't you use your JavaScript function with the timer to call directly a client action?

You have access to client actions through $actions (if I am not mistaken...)

Ah... Sorry Eduardo, I feel like I should have known / noticed that! So obvious. Thanks as always!