Generating extension

Generating extension

Hi,

Is there a way to create an outsystems extension without the use of integeration studio? 

For example by copying an empty integration project and than parsing in code that is auto generated, then saving it as a xif file and upload it to my environment. 

This way everytime I make a feature in my backend. The corresponding outsystems component is generated automatically.

So is there a way to create create a xif file from the project myself? Or is this only possile using integration studio?

Hi

Afaik, it is only possible through Integration Studio.
Also, "xif" (and "oml") are proprietary formats.

So, at least for now, I think there is no way to automate the process at this level.

Cheers.

Lars Tijsmans wrote:

This way everytime I make a feature in my backend. The corresponding outsystems component is generated automatically.

I don't know what you call "feature". Is it a dll? Database table?

First I need to say that just clicking some buttons in Integration Studio won't take that much of your time. However, if the code you need to add for each "feature" is complex, but can somehow be auto-generated, I would auto-generate it and copy/paste inside Integration Studio. Again, not that much effort.

If you really want to optimize this process, I would consider exposing the "feature" via a REST service, so that you could import it directly in Service Studio.