Print Client Side

Print Client Side

Hello,

Its possible print a doc file in client side? 

I can print html but exist some way to generate a file in server side and print the file in client printer?

Thanks.

Hi  Fábio,

Not sure if i understood what you wanted, but..

Is this what you are looking for ?  ->  Simple Report. With this component you can create your document as you want with 1 or more pages and get a preview from the content where the user can choose to print or not.

Best Regards,

Diogo Romero

Hi Romero,

Thanks for reply. My problem is you generate a PDF, DOC, TXT in a action (Server Side), and then print that file in client side, client has a printer installed on him DESKTOP and I want print in that printer.

File is located in a folder on server we have actually a network printer but we want change to print on local client printer. Its possible?

hi Fabio,

Usually we use jasper report for pdf and use web service to take it.

regards,

indra

Hi again,

How are you invoking the "print" action ? Can you provide the .oml in order to give you proper help? 

i think you dont understand my problem. 

Imagine i have a page with a button to print something in that action i create a file, save that file in a path on server, and now i can print that file in a printer of who click the button. Today we print to a network printer common to everyone.

That makes the problem more clean? 

Sorry about my english 

Hi Fabio,

How are you printing ? Why are you not using JS "window.print" which invokes the same options as CTRL+P shortcut where you can choose wich print you/lcient wanna use? 

Romero wrote:

Hi Fabio,

How are you printing ? Why are you not using JS "window.print" which invokes the same options as CTRL+P shortcut where you can choose wich print you/lcient wanna use? 

Romero,

I can print a file with JS "window.print" ?

Hi

I am problably not in "the same page" as you, sorry. How are you printing the file today ? Can you provide your .oml file so i can understand better what you are doing and how to help you?

Hi,

in short, no, we have no access from the server to print locally.

The only thing the user can do is download the document and print it him/herself.

The reason behind it, browsers are sandboxes, so we are not total in control what we can do)

J. wrote:

Hi,

in short, no, we have no access from the server to print locally.

The only thing the user can do is download the document and print it him/herself.

The reason behind it, browsers are sandboxes, so we are not total in control what we can do)

OK, i try load the file to IFRAME but some browsers block the content....

So no solution for this rigth?

Thanks J.