OTI Saturn 6000 device integration

OTI Saturn 6000 device integration

  

Hi there,

We are currently integrating a card reader into our system, but have no clue where to start or what to use to start with the integration.  Has anyone integrated with hardware, like POS devices or card readers on mobile?

Hi Tjaart,

How do you interface with it? 

Probably you'll have to develop some kind of daemon to run in the local POS station (I'm assuming it will be connected to a desktop pc) to reveive the reader events.

The daemon can then communicate with your OS app via SOAP/REST.

You can probably throw some Firebase in too :)

Keep us posted.

Hi Tjaart,


Interesting subject! What is the final business goal?


From what I understood you want to receive payments (or equivalent like transportation access) using the OTI Saturn 6000. From the product datasheet (or similar: http://cdn.otiglobal.com/downloads/datasheets/oti_uno-6_datasheet.pdf) what I understood is in the following diagram.


Do you review yourself in this?

If you want to implement the app running on the device you probably need to integrate Apple Wallet / Android Pay using an Cordova plugin (I found nothing on the Forge but Googling a bit it seams that is possible to find plugins like this and this).


If you want to handle the backend side, you'll need to develop the "Reader Server" and / or the OutSystems services / web apps to handle the business logic, management and integration with enterprise services for payment handling.


Cheers,

Renato


Tjaart Swanepoel wrote:

Hi there,

We are currently integrating a card reader into our system, but have no clue where to start or what to use to start with the integration.  Has anyone integrated with hardware, like POS devices or card readers on mobile?





João Heleno wrote:

Hi Tjaart,

How do you interface with it? 

Probably you'll have to develop some kind of daemon to run in the local POS station (I'm assuming it will be connected to a desktop pc) to reveive the reader events.

The daemon can then communicate with your OS app via SOAP/REST.

You can probably throw some Firebase in too :)

Keep us posted.


Hi João,

The device will be plugged into a USB port of an Android  device, like an Enterprise grade tablet.

Hi Renato,

I need to handle the backend side at this stage, the payment flow runs through our system, so my main issue is to "talk" to the device from my application.  You are referring to a "Reader Server" and / or the OutSystems services, Are there specific modules that I can use for this?  As you can see, I am currently completely out of my depth with this one, but as the nature of our craft, this will change fairly soon.

Hi Tjaart,


I'm also not expert on this, I was just exploring as I find these types of integration very interesting (from business and technical point of view).


I found a thread speaking about connecting to a reader using android intents (https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/2924/mobile-outsystems-apps-to-support-android-intents) - but I don't know if your reader has this functionalities.


Cheers,

Renato

Tjaart Swanepoel wrote:

Hi Renato,

I need to handle the backend side at this stage, the payment flow runs through our system, so my main issue is to "talk" to the device from my application.  You are referring to a "Reader Server" and / or the OutSystems services, Are there specific modules that I can use for this?  As you can see, I am currently completely out of my depth with this one, but as the nature of our craft, this will change fairly soon.



Thanks Renato, I will definitely check this out.

Hi Tjaart,


Are you already tied to this device? Does it supports an iOS or Android SDK, for example like the SumUp or the ID Tech VP 3300 solutions?


Because if so propably you could build an Cordova plugin that could be included in a OutSystems mobile application.


Cheers,

Renato


Tjaart Swanepoel wrote:

Thanks Renato, I will definitely check this out.



Hi Renato,

We got married recently, but these marriages are all at the mercy of the client's business needs as you well know.