Barcode Newbie! Need help

Getting info from the Barcode and loads from the internet. From scratch! Need help thank you!

Hi Raven,

First of all welcome to outsystems community it seems you are fairly new, right ? Now talking a little about this community forum, you are more than welcome to ask any question whenever you fee need, however it is important that "on this side" (who can help you) feel that there is at least some effort to solve the problem from your part. 

The way you asked the question shows that there was not much interest in seeking a solution, but in asking for one. I'm sorry if i am wrong or being rude, it is not the point.

Now answering your question, why would you want to build a Barcode reader from strach ? Is there any specific feature you need? If not you have many component/plugin solutions provided by the community. 

Take a look (just one example) : Barcode Plugin

Find more here : Forge

If you really want to build your own bar code plugin you i would recommend check some c#  or Java tutorials, create your plugin  and import it to outsystems !

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Diogo Romero

Romero wrote:  Good day sir. Actually my bar code works through URL. I just want on my program that when it scans it gets the number below the bar code. The digita under the barcode thats all I wa to get and the last digit of the bar code. Is there anything solution for that. Thank youu!!

Hi Raven,

First of all welcome to outsystems community it seems you are fairly new, right ? Now talking a little about this community forum, you are more than welcome to ask any question whenever you fee need, however it is important that "on this side" (who can help you) feel that there is at least some effort to solve the problem from your part. 

The way you asked the question shows that there was not much interest in seeking a solution, but in asking for one. I'm sorry if i am wrong or being rude, it is not the point.

Now answering your question, why would you want to build a Barcode reader from strach ? Is there any specific feature you need? If not you have many component/plugin solutions provided by the community. 

Take a look (just one example) : Barcode Plugin

Find more here : Forge

If you really want to build your own bar code plugin you i would recommend check some c#  or Java tutorials, create your plugin  and import it to outsystems !

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Diogo Romero