London (default theme) responsive problem

London (default theme) responsive problem

In London/default theme, text link on Action placeholder is missing in Mobile screen size.

OAP attached.

Solution

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

In London/default theme, text link on Action placeholder is missing in Mobile screen size.

OAP attached.

Hi Harlin Setiadarma,

London theme is responsive but the general behavior of London theme is, In Mobile viewport, it only shows the icon of AddAction and in your case, you have not added that Add icon to the text. that's why you are shot able to show the add icon in Mobile viewpoint.see the attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Pankaj Pant

Solution

Wow, this was not told in Web Development Course.

Right now, I have training job for Web Development Course.

In Web Development Course, we create screens manually, no mention of adding ActionAdd in Style Class.

One of my trainee found this weird behaviour.

So, yeah... I think SilkUI team should have to reconsider this behaviour or mention this in Web Development Course.

Hi Harlin,

This is not Silk UI, this is the default behaviour of London.

The Developing OutSystems Applications training doesn't really cover anything responsive (RWD)... you have a mention to AddAction in the project's Assignment 11, item 7,  (not the slides/exercises though), and you will also see it in scaffolded screens.

The training is quite intense as it is, and there's a lot not that can't be covered there, its goal is to get you started with the platform and ready to start implementing small applications, not to cover all features and possibilities of the platform... for that you will have to use the platform.

That being said, probably some more documentation on the main differences in London on Mobile vs on Desktop would be useful. You can find the existing documentation about London here