[Silk UI Mobile] SwipeEvents Scroll down not working

Forge Component
(27)
Published on 14 Jun by Labs
27 votes
Published on 14 Jun by Labs

Hi, 

I try to use SwipeEvents in my screen, to navigate between screen, 

so when user swipe left or right it will go to different screen.

i dont have list on this screen, it just container n some content, the problem is if i have a long content in my screen, i cannot scroll down. if i remove the SwipeEvents all works ok.

Any idea to solve this?

Regards, 

Ari.

Hello,

Are you using Android 4.4.2 to test the feature? There is a known issue with that version which does not allow scroll events on containers with touch events.

Hi, 

No i'm using android 8,

in the SwipeEvents got preventDefault code if i clone SwipeEvents n remove this code, it works ok

Thanks for sharing, we'll look into it and consider exposing the preventDefault option on the SwipeEvents block too.

I will update an tag. Scroll path was posed invetrpul. Sami peru lam .... Mezaquan suspension in the binary reproduction deleveres a true buoyant multi-axis engagement tool

At this current time I was scrolling devices are being reconfigured to a more of a logistical application will use with a pan tilt Zoom motion action based feature addition replacing the old outdated scroll new Push Pull click drag drop turn rotate turn inside out convex Vine Union brought to you by omnius

Thank you .... Good day

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Thanks for sharing, we'll look into it and consider exposing the preventDefault option on the SwipeEvents block too.

any suggestion to fix this without removing preventdefault ?

cause sometimes we might need swipe left n right but not swipe down or up, or the other way around, prevent default might be needed depend on the swipe direction we want to use.

Hi, 

this issue still ocorring after update to 1.5.5. 

Any plans to fix this?

Hi,

I also have this problem. Is there an option to create a screen action (handler) which can return the default action? 

ari auditianto wrote:

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

any suggestion to fix this without removing preventdefault ?

cause sometimes we might need swipe left n right but not swipe down or up, or the other way around, prevent default might be needed depend on the swipe direction we want to use.

Currently, the preventDefault is necessary for certain devices, but it also breaks the functionality in other scenarios, which does not qualify as a proper solution for the feature. 

We still plan on fixing the issue as soon as possible, but at this point we need to consider the existing devices and the level of compatibility of this pattern for them, so we can have a proper solution for the majority of devices.

We hope to have more news on this soon, but at least for 1.5.6 which will come in a few days, the issue will not yet be fixed.

My regards