Post parameters in an ajax request

Post parameters in an ajax request

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone would know why the parameters passed in an ajax post request are lost if the target page does not have an entry point.

If we point the ajax request to the entry point it all works well, but if we point it to a page without one, all the request parameters are lost.

This does not happen when we create a Submit link which works well without the entry point.

It can cause a lot of headaches for one to discover this behaviour.

Best regards,
Hi Andre!

I just passed now 2 days trying to find out that, attempting to post a request to an outsystems screen from an ASP screen.
So i definitively agree when you say: "It can cause a lot of headaches for one to discover this behaviour. "
Outsystems documentation team, could you please include this very important piece of information in the screen or request methods sections in the Help documentation?

So that no one else has to go through the same situation.
João Carvalho - Truewind

Hi André,

Thanks for posting this info.

I've forwarded it to our technical support team so that they can take a look into it.

Tiago Simões

Hi everyone

I was trying to understand if there could be a generic problem with the Agile Platform and AJAX posts, but I could not replicate the problem you describe.

If you check the eSpace I attached, I have links and buttons with all 5 combinations, and I could not see any problem. Does that happen with a specific input type? Are you using an older platform revision?

My test works fine on both and

Am I looking at this the wrong way? Can you post an example which shows the behavior you described?

Hello everyone

Did anyone get to test with my sample OML? I am very curious to know if this works...

I'm trying to implenet jQeury Plugin and that's using ajax post.
I'm also lossing the input parameter "method" it's empty if it is passed directly to the page.
This is the RAW request at page level...

It's working as described above direct the request to an entry point.
We're using 5.1

POST /wdCalendar/admin/datafeed.aspx?method=list HTTP/1.1
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 47
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Accept: application/json, text/javascript, */*
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch
Accept-Language: nl-NL,nl;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.6,en;q=0.4
Cookie: EnterpriseManager=1/21/2011 1:35:34 PM161423809217; ASP.NET_SessionId=hvrzeu4505qfxpjboulfee45
Host: localhost
Referer: http://localhost/wdCalendar/admin/Home.aspx?_ts=634316534265395036
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/8.0.552.237 Safari/534.10
Origin: http://localhost
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest

Hi Joop,

You're saying that if you pass the parameter to a web page it is lost, but if you do it an entry point it works, is that it?

I just wanted to make sure I got the full picture before sending it over to our maintenance team.

Paulo Tavares

Thta's the complete picture ... you can test it with the OML attached
Hi Joop,

Thanks for the reply.

Just so we're clear: for now you do have a workaround for the problem, which is to create an entry point, right? Or, in other words, you are not stuck because of this issue.

I have sent it to our maintenance team, and they will look into it. However, any insight that you may provide us in that regard will definitely better help us prioritize the issue.

Paulo Tavares
And - sorry for the double post - could you test Acácio's eSpace a couple of posts back, and confirm whether or not that behavior is replicated there?

If so, where, and how; if not, can you see any visible difference between your case and his?

Sorry for the request, but all insights are helpful. At the time this was posted, nobody followed up with Acácio, and since he wasn't able to replicate it, I'm assuming that we just weren't able to fix it. If you could double check his eSpace as well, it would make sure that we're not falling into the same trap as in 2009 :)

Paulo Tavares