Submiting an input list to a pop up

Submiting an input list to a pop up

Hello,

I have an action that sets a List to a JSONSerialize and then does a widget click to open a pop up.

This Json is an input parameter of my pop-up but when I open it, the Json is empty.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

Filipa

Solution

Hi Filipa,

Parameters to another screen are part of the HTML code of the calling screen. So if you have a link with a variable in it, the screen will be rendered with the value of that variable at the time of rendering. If you change the variable and you need the link to reflect that, you need to Ajax Refresh the link first, so it is updated to the current value.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Filipa,

Parameters to another screen are part of the HTML code of the calling screen. So if you have a link with a variable in it, the screen will be rendered with the value of that variable at the time of rendering. If you change the variable and you need the link to reflect that, you need to Ajax Refresh the link first, so it is updated to the current value.

Thank you, it worked. 

Great to hear that! It's one of those pesky things you have to remember (the same goes for example for a Confirmation Message on a link or button).