[Custom Masks] Newly installed Custom Masks from Forge doesn't work

[Custom Masks] Newly installed Custom Masks from Forge doesn't work

Forge Component
(24)
Published on 19 Sep (4 weeks ago) by Marcelo Ferreira
24 votes
Published on 19 Sep (4 weeks ago) by Marcelo Ferreira

I freshly installed the Custom Masks component, published, and it does not work.  I'm using the latest Chrome version.  On the Examples screen, Submit does not fire when clicked (I verified this by putting a breakpoint on the Submit action - nothing happens).  I can change the submit method to Submit from Ajax Submit and then it will fire.  Then when it does fire, the value of the MaskCurrency, which is the one I am testing, is not assigned the Price variable.

Hi David,

Can you share an espace of what are you trying to do so we can check whats going on?

About the submit fire I dont know what could be happening, 

About the not assigning you are using a mask and the price variable is a decimal correct? You need to use {autoUnmask:true} as advanced Option

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo.  I downloaded the Forge component and ran it without any modifications to get these defects.

Hi David,

I did the same and is working for me. That's why I asked if you can provide an example of what are you doing or at least tell us what kind of mask are you trying to achieve.

But I think if you use the below string in the advance options of the MaskCurrency it will solve your problem

"{autoUnmask:true, placeholder:""0"",digitsOptional:false}"

Regards,

Marcelo

I modified Examples screen and removed everything except the currency input.  It looks like the validation for the currency is malfunctioning.  I have currency entered but it says "Currency expected!".  I changed the submit button to "submit" instead of "ajax submit" so it will trigger.  OML attached.

Hi,

Looks like the autoUnmask doesn't work for submit. You need to use removeMaskOnSubmit instead.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

I got the currency mask to work using AdvancedOptions set as follows:

"{removeMaskOnSubmit:true,autoUnmask:true}"

Solution

David Austin wrote:

In addition, I used these options to get zeroes to display after the decimal with the help of Marcelo's input above and this post:

"{removeMaskOnSubmit:true,autoUnmask:true,placeholder:""0"",digitsOptional:false}"

David Austin wrote:

it worked for me. Thank you!