Feedback Message works sometimes

Feedback Message works sometimes

  

Dears,

I have an application using FeedBack Message in each webscreen. The messages worked well during long time. But suddenly begins a curious situation: sometimes the messages are showed and sometimes (mostly) they are not showed. I am using the action feedback message of Richwidgets, as showed in the attached file. I read the post "FeedBack Message Problem,Requesting Solution ASAP", where Leonardo Fernandes explains with details the use of the Feedback Message widget beyond the action. But he also speaks that it is not need in the SilkUI because the layout theme already has this widget. Then I do not have the Feedback Message widget in my screens, as showed in the attached file. Can anyone give me a guide about?

Thank you very much,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

What do u mean by "Then I do not have the Feedback Message widget in my screens,"? Have u removed feedback Message widget explicitly?

Hi Roberto,

Could it be your Message Translator doesn't have a translation for the Message ID you're passing it? If I'm not mistaken, the Feedback_Message action will not trigger the display of any Feedback Message on screen if the MessageText is ""... so, if MsgTraductor(IntegerToIdentif...) returns the empty string "" you will not see it on screen.

Suraj Borade wrote:

Hi Roberto,

What do u mean by "Then I do not have the Feedback Message widget in my screens,"? Have u removed feedback Message widget explicitly?

Hi Suraj,

It means that I don't include in my screen the Feedback Message widget, because as explained by Leonardo Fernandes post, this component already exists within the Dublin Theme Layout webblock. I'm using the SilkUi Dublin Theme. He said that this widget is needed only in screens that don't use this webblock.

Thank you,

Roberto


Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Roberto,

Could it be your Message Translator doesn't have a translation for the Message ID you're passing it? If I'm not mistaken, the Feedback_Message action will not trigger the display of any Feedback Message on screen if the MessageText is ""... so, if MsgTraductor(IntegerToIdentif...) returns the empty string "" you will not see it on screen.

Hi Jorge,

I had already tested this early. I changed my MsgTraductor() by a text "message text..." and does not works. But see the curious situation. Yesterday, my client call me telling this problem. I ran the production version of application several times and I confirmed the problem. Then I ran the debug version and the message was showed. Now, I repeated the test with an similar situation using the published version and the message was showed. See in the attached file. Sometimes works, sometimes not.

Thank you,

Roberto


That is odd indeed.

In the version that's giving you problems, do you see any errors in the browser's JavaScript console?

Hello Roberto,

Can I ask you something?

During your tests, did you noticed if inspecting the page, in the consola, do you receive any JavaScript error?
Also, the button/link that is calling the action that issues the Feedback Message is using a Submit or a Ajax Submit? It should work on both, but in "submit", as the page is built again and rendered again in browser, it has to make extra work to deal with it... And maybe something is not properly working.

I'm asking it because this behavior, intermitent in production but not debuging, seems something related to something being ignored or late and than the message is not shown.

And I think I already saw this behavior in the past...

Jorge Martins wrote:

That is odd indeed.

In the version that's giving you problems, do you see any errors in the browser's JavaScript console?

Thanks Jorge,

I was working in the problem now. I wil try to repeat the error and verifiy the Inspect Code of Browser. I'm not a Javascript/Css/Html programmer, but I will try to identifier some error and report to you.

Best Regards,

Roberto


Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Roberto,

Can I ask you something?

During your tests, did you noticed if inspecting the page, in the consola, do you receive any JavaScript error?
Also, the button/link that is calling the action that issues the Feedback Message is using a Submit or a Ajax Submit? It should work on both, but in "submit", as the page is built again and rendered again in browser, it has to make extra work to deal with it... And maybe something is not properly working.

I'm asking it because this behavior, intermitent in production but not debuging, seems something related to something being ignored or late and than the message is not shown.

And I think I already saw this behavior in the past...

Hi Eduardo,

I was trying to reproduce the error and inspect the page. I will post the result. In the specific occurrence report in this post, the button/link was with "submit". After I get reproduce the error, if the button have submit, I will change to ajax submit and test.

If this is the solution, can I change each submit button/link by ajax submit without problem in my screen?

Best Regards,

Roberto


Hi Roberto,

Submit and Ajax Submit exists both because both are useful and have its applications.
The best is for us to understand what is happening first, and only after we find what is wrong we decide the best approach to solve the issue.

First thing is to determine if there is any JavaScript error that is preventing the feedback message from appear.
Than, if not, we can test some things, like replace a Submit by an Ajax Submit (that will probably require some changes in the code, possibly, than my reluctance).

I would ask for an OML, but this does not seems to be something related to code...

Cheers.

Dears Eduardo and Jorge,

I managed to repeat the message error and there are four pictures in the attached file figuras.zip. They are photos e don't printscreens, because a problem in my note do not allowing me make printscreens. Sorry.

File Message1: it is a popup screen, the message was not shown and an error was pointed out in browser console. Button with ajax submit.

File Message2: I load the application again in browser, and the message was shown ("Nome deverá ser preenchido" no topo). However, the same error was pointed out in console.

File Message3: it is a webscreen (not popup), the message was not shown, but console don't pointed out the error. Button with submit.

File Message4:I load the application again in browser, and the message was shown. No error.

Thank you very much,

Roberto

Hello Roberto,

The JavaScript error happens AFTER you execute the action with the FeedbackMessage or is there since you enter the screen?

The message appearing on a reload I already saw and I kind of believe this in case there is something preventing the javascript of the Feddback work properly...

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Roberto,

The JavaScript error happens AFTER you execute the action with the FeedbackMessage or is there since you enter the screen?

The message appearing on a reload I already saw and I kind of believe this in case there is something preventing the javascript of the Feddback work properly...

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Really, the error already exists before I press the button/link of the feedback message.

Thanks


Hello Roberto,

Even if this is not a guarantee of solution, the first step would be to fix the JavaScript errors, as they can be causing malfunction of the Feedback Message (and other things).

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo, 

I will try to fix the error on the popup screen. But the webscreen where the message was not shown, do not print any errors in console.

Thanks

This may be because of other reasons.
Best is to eliminate a real problem to see if it is the culprit or not.

I did some tests in a simple application (P10, personal environment) with Dublin, and couldn't reproduce the error you see, but I don't have any JavaScript errors.

Suggestion: Create a dummy page with a single button that opens a popup with a single button that shows a feedback message and try to reproduce the error in this very simple situation. 

Cheers.

I agree that if there is a case, it is better to try a very simple use case. I experience this, sometimes it is caused by different platforms stack and by an unpredictable simple thing (like a simple Label widget can be the cause):

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33749/web-app-javastack-section-expandable-label-javalang-null-pointer/

regards,

indra

Eduardo and Indra,

I appreciate your interest and help in my case. I will do a test in a little sample, following both recommendations. But as I said early, the console javascript error happens only with popup screen. In the web screen the problem also happens, but with no javascript error. And there is another problem, I am not a html/css/javascript programmer (so I use Outsystems). Maybe I can get help from a profissional. Also, I will expect to hire the professional environment, because now I am using and developing my product with the Personal Environment.

Thank You very much,

Roberto


Hi Roberto,

In fact, this is strange. But Javascript errors not always are visible.
Let me ask you a few questions to see if we can help you further.

1. What are the Platform and Service Studio versions?
2. What is the stack (java or dot net)?
3. You say you are using Dubling template. Are your Silk UI and Dublin up to date? You can check this from inside Service Studio, going to the tab "OutSystems" and search for both, if the button becomes "upgrade", than you should upgrade.
4. Did you any kind of change to the templates?
5. Are you using any kind of Forge component in the pages that are giving trouble?

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Below I answer your questions:

1. What are the Platform and Service Studio versions?

Platform = Outsystems = 10.0.702.0

Service Studio version = 10.0.713.0


2. What is the stack (java or dot net)?

I'm using Personal Environment. I believe dot net.


3. You say you are using Dubling template. Are your Silk UI and Dublin up to date? You can check this from inside Service Studio, going to the tab "OutSystems" and search for both, if the button becomes "upgrade", than you should upgrade.

Do not have button update in Silk UI Web neither Dublin Template


4. Did you any kind of change to the templates? 

No. Only in one unique screen I put commands to hide the main menu and extends the content of screen. But this screen is not the screen used in early tests.


5. Are you using any kind of Forge component in the pages that are giving trouble?

I am using some forge components. But not in the screens that I tested the error.

Thanks,

Roberto

Hello Roberto.

Can you attach here a very small application where you can reproduce this behavior?
I'm really out of ideas here... :(

Cheers.

I have a great experience working with BugRem feedback widget makes it easy for you to reply to visitors’ opinions and make note of them using customizable tabs