Problem integrating my Application with Enterprise Manager

Problem integrating my Application with Enterprise Manager

Hi everyone

I created an application that has two permission areas: "Administrator" and "User" (Names used).

I'm trying to integrate it with the EM:

- Downloaded EM v4.1.7
- Changed Enterprise eSpace style
- Merged with Template eSpace (Got the Sample, Common and Login web flows (and also the Widget Library, Web service, variables, etc.)
- Changed my eSpace user provider (to EM)

And now I think this is the problem...
Now I have an application with two "Administrator" permisson areas (one from my application another one from EM).

I changed my "Administrator" permission area to "ContactAdministrator"...At this time I have:

- Administrator (owner EM)
- ContactAdministrator
- ContactUser
- Register (default)
- Anonymous (default)

All the actions related (CheckPermission for example) became also changed (as usual)...

The Verify anf fully verify return no errors...

Once I try to publish it I get this monster:

"

Internal Error
Compilation Error.
ContactsFlow.ErrorScreen.aspx.cs(362,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
ContactTypesFlow.ErrorScreen.aspx.cs(362,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
ContactType_Edit.aspx.cs(486,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
ContactType_List.aspx.cs(464,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
Contact_Edit.aspx.cs(525,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
Contact_List.aspx.cs(486,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
Email.aspx.cs(369,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
ImportXMLScreen.aspx.cs(377,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
RequestedURL.aspx.cs(70,1): warning CS1717: Atribuição efectuada a alguma variável; pretendia atribuir outro objecto?
SendBulkEmail.aspx.cs(457,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
SendEmail.aspx.cs(423,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
UserFlow.ErrorScreen.aspx.cs(362,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
User_Edit.aspx.cs(517,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
User_List.aspx.cs(531,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'
State: Second stage compilation

"

I read the error on an attempt to understand it, but...
For example: Error first line - "ContactsFlow.ErrorScreen.aspx.cs(362,20): error CS0117: 'ssContacts_Styled.ExtendedActions' não contém uma definição para 'CheckAdministratorPermission'

I just unchecked the "Anonymous" and "Registered" permissions, and this screen don't even uses login. Just receives a string and show it along with a link to navigate to other page.

Hope you could help me...

More information:
- My Application is called Contacts_Styled.
- I'm using the last versions of EM and ServiceStudio
Hi Ricardo,

This behaviour seems to be a Service Studio problem. Please report it using the Submit Feedback option on Service Studio (with your eSpace attached), so that the Engeneering department can resolve it.

As a workaround, I'd propose you to remove the former permissions and create new ones.
Regards,
José Martins
Hi again!

I've my problem solved. In order to help the others in future, here is the solution that worked.

(Sent by Outsystems support)

"The problem you are experiencing is due to some corrupted Administrator Permission area that is present in the eSpace. This is happening in the ErrorScreen web screen. Did you merge this screen from Enterprise Manager, or did you simply copy-paste it from a different Service Studio instance into this this eSpace.

To solve this problem, please try the following:

1. Note down all the screens that use the Administrator(EnterpriseManager) permission area. This is important because the below procedure will cause the loss of this information – you will have to set the Administrator permission on every required screen again.
2. Open the Add/Remove referEnces window for this eSpace and choose the EnterpriseManager eSpace;
3. Remove the reference to the Administrator Permission Area;
4. Verify&Save your file;
5. Open the Add/Remove References window again and choose the EnterpriseManager eSpace;
6. Add the reference to the Administrator Permission Area again.
7. Verify and save;
8. Assign the permission area to the screens that require it.
9. Publish the eSpace."

Thank you very much for the help!
Hi can you tell me what Service Studio version are you using?
I believe that was a problem merging referenced permission areas.
That was solved in Service Studio 4.1.3.46+

I believe if that was/is the problem, the faster workaround is to open add/remove references
and refresh the permission areas.

Luis Lopes
Hi there!

You should be right; I'm using version 4.1.3.38.

Thanks