Replace inputs with label on webscreen

Replace inputs with label on webscreen

HI all,

I have a WebScreen with several Forms and Editable tables and they have inputs and combobox inside.

I am looking for the best/fastest way to replace all those inputs to labels, keeping the variables assigned.

Any thoughts?

Abílio Matos

Hi Abilio,

I would say that replace by expressions would be better.
But I don't know any "fast way" of doing it. 

In design time, if you want to replace them, you will have to do it one by one, as the replace do not work with the UI widgets (I think).

Cheers.
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo,

Thanks for your answer. That was what I was afraid. 

I know I can do it by keeping the same inputs and set Forms and Editables enable property to false and adjusting the CSS, but that still doesn't solve everything because of "weird" behavior of Editable with combobox/select and calendar widgets by not disable them.

Going to wait for more replies since I hope someone already have passed by something like this and can have solution.

Abílio Matos

Hi Abilo,

I still do not see clearly what your issues:

1. What weird behavior? I ever use editable with combobox and it is okay.

2. If you want to replace the inputs to label and keep other things the same, just put an if expression:

If false then your widget else your label end if. May be someday it is required again.. and you just need to make the false to be true... or create site property isshown.. and change the expression above to be ...

If isshown then...else... 

Regards,

Indra

Indra Budiantho wrote:

Hi Abilo,

I still do not see clearly what your issues:

1. What weird behavior? I ever use editable with combobox and it is okay.

2. If you want to replace the inputs to label and keep other things the same, just put an if expression:

If false then your widget else your label end if. May be someday it is required again.. and you just need to make the false to be true... or create site property isshown.. and change the expression above to be ...

If isshown then...else... 

Regards,

Indra

Hi Indra,

1- The weird behavior happens when you have Editable disabled and you click on the combobox. It shouldn't open the combobox options but it does. 

On the link below you have a topic that explains it also.

Weird behavior on Editable

2 - I was trying to get a better way than do the inputs one by one. I know its doable with a few (10-20) inputs but it's impracticable with 100+.

But thanks for your feedback.

Abílio Matos

Hi could be

http://api.jquery.com/replacewith/

Regards,

Indra

Indra,

I don't want to replace the inputs in runtime with javascript/jQuery. I want to do that in design time on ServiceStudio.

Abílio Matos

Indra, 

Thank you for those links, they are helpful, but not for this case since I want to do these changes at design time in ServiceStudio and not in runtime.

Abílio Matos