Link in the Email

Link in the Email

Hi,

I need to have a link in the email which contains the identifier of a record the User identifier.

The purpose of doing so is that by clicking the link in the email, system will directs user to the transaction records and he could approve/reject the transaction.

Does anyone has idea how to do this?

Help !!

Hi Jonhson,

All you need to do is follow this steps ( already includes email with variable ) : Email with link

Hi Jonhson,

Besides the link that Romero provided, think also about the security for that link.

Regards,

Johnson,

DON'T do this.
You will be exposing the User Id, and, besides the fact this is unecessary, will reveal information that usually we don't want walking out there in the wild, alone....

Just email a link to a list page that will show the list of transactions the user has to approve. If he is not logged, the Login page will show instead and after login the user will be redirected to the page.

If you REALLY want to go to a specific record, and I reaaly think this is not necessary, than use a "token" system. Before sending the e-mail, create a token and store it in database, associated with the record to be processed. Send this token to the user, in the link.

Cheers.
Eduardo Jauch

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your prompt help.

Hi Eduardo, 

can you advise how to have the login page redirects to the particular list page if user has not logged on to the system? I try to copy paste the url to the address bar in the chrome without login to the system.But after logging in, i only see the first page only.

Hi Johnson,

The security concern that I asked before, was explained well by Eduardo.

In order to do what you need (following Eduardo tip), follow this steps:

1) create and store the link with a token (you can use the encrypt methods available by OS)

2) Create a new page with an input parameter ready to receive a token

3) In that new page validate the stored token against what you need (the user associated for example)

4) After validating the token, redirect to the page that you need to execute the operation.

5) Invalidate the token once is used.

Regards,