[InAppBrowser Plugin] IN APP BROWSER PLUGINS

[InAppBrowser Plugin] IN APP BROWSER PLUGINS

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2017-04-27 by OutSystems R&D
2 votes
Published on 2017-04-27 by OutSystems R&D

Hello, can someone please assist with omp or a video on how to use the in app browser plugin, done the client action on the page but it does not load in preview.

thanks.

Can you provide a sample oml showing how you're using the plugin?  That'll provide something to review and test.

Hello, Ernest,

Are you trying to load an OutSystems Mobile app via the InAppBrowser? If so, I don't think that's a supported scenario.

Would you consider using a Web App instead? Or can it only be achieve through mobile?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Carlos Simões wrote:

Hello, Ernest,

Are you trying to load an OutSystems Mobile app via the InAppBrowser? If so, I don't think that's a supported scenario.

Would you consider using a Web App instead? Or can it only be achieve through mobile?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hello Carlos Simoes, no i simply want to display  a facebook page in app. Above is a client action but i am trying t figure out how it should be displayed on a particular page upon loading.

Best Regards. 

Hmm, could you share what you using as input parameters for the Open action?

Carlos Simões wrote:

Hmm, could you share what you using as input parameters for the Open action?

i am using a button on the page. However if you can show me the process or an example from scratch will be glad. 

Best Regards.

Well, there was a thread with several examples on the Plugin's forums. Have you had a look at those?

Carlos Simões wrote:

Well, there was a thread with several examples on the Plugin's forums. Have you had a look at those?

Yes i have but they all do not talk about the Interface configuring to display the web page

In order to display the page within the InAppBrowser window, all you have to do is use the "Open" action with the corresponding URL.

After re-reading your first post, I noticed you mentioned you can't get the action to work on Preview. Are you by chance referring to a preview screen similar to the one below, opened on the desktop browser?

If so, than it's the expected behavior, since plugins only work from a generated mobile app (or some of them on OutSystems Now), since they require "native" code to implement their functionality.

In any case, allow me to re-attach a module from the previous thread that uses the functionality correctly. Have a look at the "OpeninInAppBrowserOnURL" action of the Homescreen.

Please let me know if you still have any questions.

Best regards,

Carlos Simões