Java integration extensions on .NET platform server.

Java integration extensions on .NET platform server.

Can I use a Java extension I created in Integration Studio even though our platform server is running in the .NET/SQL Server stack?
I keep getting errors like cs assembly not found when invoking those java actions. Do I need to do something special in order for it to work correctly with Java?

Solution

Hi Anthony,

No. In .NET stack your integrations must contain .NET code, or they will not work.
You can have both .NET and JAVA code on an extension, and the platform will use the correct code, but Java will look for JAVA code, .NET will look for .NET code.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Anthony,

No. In .NET stack your integrations must contain .NET code, or they will not work.
You can have both .NET and JAVA code on an extension, and the platform will use the correct code, but Java will look for JAVA code, .NET will look for .NET code.

Cheers.

Eduardo, 

So if I have both .NET and JAVA environment but implement a extension in JAVA it will only work on JAVA platform? And I have to duplicate the code if want to have it working on .NET?

Abílio Matos

Hi Abilio,

Yes. You can have an extension with both codes and when installing in a server, the correct code will use the correct version.

But I wouldn't say it is "duplicate" code... It is more like doing the same thing using two different languages. :D
But it is what you have to do when working in different stacks.

Cheers.